What's new

La savonniere du moulin

I honestly think that this may be my absolute favorite shaving soap to date, both in terms of skin care and in terms of scent. It's unbelievably good, and all things considered (in my opinion) I say it's a bargain.

Buy with confidence and thank Phil Huntsinger later. Phil is a truly outstanding vendor. If he has something, I will buy it from him regardless of all else, including price.

$image.jpg

Last edited:
I bought this soap last month and have had about 6 shaves with it.It is a very nice soap. I highly recommend it.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I was waiting for some reviews on this one. It looks really interesting. I'll have to get some next paycheck.

I've never heard of it, but that's a gorgeous lather. Is this Bull Goose? I checked out that site and he's got a great selection at good prices. Nice to think of supporting a small-time vendor instead of a faceless corporation.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Yes, Phil is the owner of Bullgoose. Great to deal with and puts together awesome projects like the Vie Long collaborations and Asylum brushes. It's also awesome that he carries soaps like this and Antica Barbieria Colla that are wonderful and would be difficult to find otherwise. He's running his business right as far as I'm concerned.

Yay my La Savonnière du Moulin has arrived. Cant wait to try this out, smells gorgeous for a start. Love the sweet packaging too, very French :001_smile

$IMG_0636.jpg

Thanks for calling this one to my attention!

No worries :001_smile hopefully you meant that in a good way, or have I cost you more money? :001_rolle

I should have added props to Stuart at Shaving Station in the UK for getting me this soap. Great source for artisan soaps.

The packaging is exactly that so not useable to load from, meaning this puck will need to be transferred to another bowl.
For those who are I interested the soap puck measures 65mm wide/diameter and is 30mm high/deep. You're welcome :thumbup:

Really like the performance of SDM, it does have a very light scent however, similar to MWF. I mixed some SDM with a few other soaps since the skincare is great, but I enjoy a nice scent. Just a way to get the best of both worlds.

Well I used mine this morning and wow love the scent love the feel while shaving and love the feel after This is in my top 10

$20161008_104307.jpg

Also carried by Maggards... but since I'm in Europe, I'm searching for a bargain from France.. 100g for 20 Euros directly from their Boutique.. take a look at that site. great stuff for all bodies..

If only I could shave three times a day.... so many soaps and creams, so little time.

Yes, Phil is the owner of Bullgoose. Great to deal with and puts together awesome projects like the Vie Long collaborations and Asylum brushes. It's also awesome that he carries soaps like this and Antica Barbieria Colla that are wonderful and would be difficult to find otherwise. He's running his business right as far as I'm concerned.

+1

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Great soap! One of my faves ATM. Anybody used their post shave? Interested in hearing about the scent etc...

The ASB is good stuff, very rich so a tiny bit does it. The fragrance is very light and does not persist, and is a kind of a honey-milk fragramce that can remind you of almond though it isn't I think.

Cheers, Steve

Top Bottom