What's new

La Faulx by Atelier Durdan Pass Around…..

My second shave was as nice as the first. Smooth, comfortable, efficient. I noticed myself holding the handle a bit lower than other razors, but utilizing the divots in the handle this comes naturally. This may be why I feel the razor is perfectly balanced while @gdawg55 feels it's a bit handle-heavy.
Lower on the handle as in closer to the head?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I didn't find the Bronze La Faulx to be handle heavy... at least, not in the way I've found some other razors. When I got the SS La Faulx razor head and paired it with one of my Ti Crown handles, I did notice the weight difference but not a significant change in the balance point I was expecting. What does this mean? Ummmm nothing, really... just the musings of an old man, excited about using the two La Faulxs he has. What great razors.

Second shave this morning was excellent. Man, this razor is super comfortable and smooth. Today's shave proved to be better than my initial shave yesterday. I'm having to get used to the shave angle on the La Faulx and I did a better job today keeping the angle correct. It will take me several more shaves to get this committed to muscle memory as I tend to go steep.

My comment yesterday about the handle heavy balance was not to suggest that it's super biased to the handle. I just noticed the balance point is a little farther down the handle than some of my other razors. It is still a well balanced razor. Both days I came away with no irritation or weepers (forgot to mention that yesterday). I was able to get my neck a little better today and there is definitely less stubble remaining than yesterday. I'm guessing by the weekend I'll have this beauty figured out. So far I'm really digging this razor.

IMG_8898.jpeg

Shout out to the Antiga Barbearia de Bairro Ribeira shaving cream. It's the best tube cream I've ever used....hangs in there with my top tier soaps. I have the green (pictured) and the yellow tubes and both are outstanding performers. The scents are pleasant yet light and won't interfere with your aftershave of choice. I don't see it mentioned much so I thought I'd give it some praise.

Today’s shave was even better than the first two. I feel like I’m getting the angle just right now for most of the shave. Did have to do lots of buffing on my neck but the razor is so gentle that it’s no problem. DFS shave today.

This is definitely the most comfortable AC format razor I own. Maybe even more comfortable than my DE razors. Skin feel post shave is very nice with absolutely no irritation or redness.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Today’s shave was even better than the first two. I feel like I’m getting the angle just right now for most of the shave. Did have to do lots of buffing on my neck but the razor is so gentle that it’s no problem. DFS shave today.

This is definitely the most comfortable AC format razor I own. Maybe even more comfortable than my DE razors. Skin feel post shave is very nice with absolutely no irritation or redness.
I tend to agree with your last two sentences. For me the two best razors I own are both AC, a La Faulx and a Romulus - tried a few others but they were too aggressive for me.

Five days in a row with the La Faulx. Shaves are getting better. Today was almost BBS. My main gripe is the smooth shave doesn’t last very long….maybe 5-6 hours max until I feel the stubbles coming through. Compared to 10-12 hours I get with the Blackbird or Yates H the La Faulx shave lasts about half as long. I’m a daily shaver so it’s not critical but I do prefer the longer lasting shave.

Love the razor but have ordered the + medium head as the classic just isn’t quite efficient/close enough. Hoping the medium head puts this fabulous razor in the “perfect” category as I do really like it.

Five days in a row with the La Faulx. Shaves are getting better. Today was almost BBS. My main gripe is the smooth shave doesn’t last very long….maybe 5-6 hours max until I feel the stubbles coming through. Compared to 10-12 hours I get with the Blackbird or Yates H the La Faulx shave lasts about half as long. I’m a daily shaver so it’s not critical but I do prefer the longer lasting shave.

Love the razor but have ordered the + medium head as the classic just isn’t quite efficient/close enough. Hoping the medium head puts this fabulous razor in the “perfect” category as I do really like it.
What blade you using?

Top Bottom