What's new

l.&a. razor

here is my handy l.&a. straight razor, which takes injector blades. i'd like to move onto traditional straights, but this does me well for now. does anyone else have any unique or interesting straights out there?

full

Last edited by a moderator:
If this uses an injector blade, can youe shave on both sides of the blade?

robofunk said:
here is my handy l.&a. straight razor, which takes injector blades. i'd like to move onto traditional straights, but this does me well for now. does anyone else have any unique or interesting straights out there?

i'd have to say yes, otherwise one side of my face would be pretty nasty... :scared:

i beleive the injector blades are no different than DE blades, they can "swing both ways."

Robo, what kind of blades are you using in that? I have two old Weck Sextobalde razors, and I found out the commonly available Fromm razor blades are a perfect match for them.

laz, i carefully shove personna injector blades in it. i'm curious to see how a feather blade will fit, i'll have to order myself some soon...

That razor looked interesting. How does it shave?

Laz in Tampa said:
Robo, what kind of blades are you using in that? I have two old Weck Sextobalde razors, and I found out the commonly available Fromm razor blades are a perfect match for them.

You may not even need to trim them, because it looks like you have plenty of width on the razor. The depth (or width of the Feather blades is about the same as an injector. That's how we're able to use them in an ijector by only trimming the length of the blade.

robofunk said:
laz, i carefully shove personna injector blades in it. i'm curious to see how a feather blade will fit, i'll have to order myself some soon...

Joe Lerch said:
You may not even need to trim them, because it looks like you have plenty of width on the razor. The depth (or width of the Feather blades is about the same as an injector. That's how we're able to use them in an injector by only trimming the length of the blade.

the metal fold that holds the blade probably wont let a longer blade in. if i did shove a blade of longer length in, it would stick out the end and i fear that shaving with it might loosen the blade... (insert bloody emoticon here!) i'll try it out when the feathers come in.

as for the shave, i have to say it's decent. the personna blades aren't the sharpest or longest lasting things i've tried but they hold their own for a bit. i'm really anxious to get something sharper in there for a test drive.

laz, i'm not sure if the fromm blades will fit because of the side that has the metal 'blanket' wrapped over it. i would think that would be too thick to put into an injector razor, but i could be wrong...

i really dig this razor, and will probably look into more replaceable blade straights in the future. (my apartment and budget are too small to house and afford the strop, hone, and fixings.)

Which blades did you get? So far I've only used the guarded blades with my injectors, because I stopped using them on my Feather razor and wanted to use them up.

If you like this kind of thing, you might think about a Feather Artist Club. Before it I used a Shavette, and there's quite a difference. The Feather has the heft and feel of a regular str8, maybe even a heavier one. Somehow, that makes it easier to shave with because you use its weight just like with a DE. To me it feels more like a DE than a str8, because a str8 requires some pressure.

robofunk said:
the metal fold that holds the blade probably wont let a longer blade in. if i did shove a blade of longer length in, it would stick out the end and i fear that shaving with it might loosen the blade... (insert bloody emoticon here!) i'll try it out when the feathers come in.

i beleive the 'professionals' are supposed to fit into injectors the best, and the 'super professionals' are too wide? am i right on that one?

I seem to remember Chris Moss saying he used the the supers.

robofunk said:
i beleive the 'professionals' are supposed to fit into injectors the best, and the 'super professionals' are too wide? am i right on that one?

I have an L&A razor just like yours, I still use it to shave around the ears and the necks of my clientelle. I use barber injector blades and personna mini shaper blades. The barber blades are now actually personna blades.
I like this old razor so well I just but another 1 from a guy thats never been used.
I use the feather artists club razor for face shaves,they are great !

Top Bottom