What is your real name?
Kyle

Where do you live?
Central Texas

What is your age (or) generation?

What are you in the real world?
Football Coach

What is your favorite shave setup?
DE Razor - 1st place goes to the Merkur HD. 2nd place goes to my gold Gillette Fat Boy. I lay awake in bed at night saying prayers for a gold slant bar.

Blades - I have used Merkur, Feather, and the store brand from H-E-B grocery (a Texas chain of grocery stores). All 3 blades have their benefits. I've enjoyed using the cheap store brand blades as travel blades. They are cost efficient and provide 3 to 4 quality shaves before they need to be replaced. My absolute favorite blades right now are the Derby Extras.

Soap/Cream - Who could pick just one? My current favorites are Taylor's Rose, Avocado, & Shaving Shop and both Proraso soap and cream.

Brush - I have slowly been working my way up through the ranks of brushes and am currently enjoying a Vulfix #41. Next on the wish list is either a Shavemac or a Saville Row.

Post Shave Products - after my hot and then cold water rinse, I usually splash with Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel. I then follow up with some kind of moisturizer. I have experimented with a vast range of products in this area, and the current favorites include CAR's products, Proraso, and Cornhusker's Lotion.

Aftershave/Cologne - I have really enjoyed the products put out by Pinaud and Crusellas. Their low pricepoint (in the neighborhood of $1 per ounce) has allowed me to experiment and try about 15 different flavors without breaking the bank. While not all of their scents are long lasting, their price allows reapplication throughout the day without the guilt of wasting money.

What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
I usually begin a new hobby of some kind every Nov and every July. I have dabbled with woodworking, wood carving, leather work, d-i-y home and car stereo, I am an avid reader, and basically enjoy learning new hobbies.

My most recent new "hobby" has been wet-shaving and the collection/accumulation of the products neccessary for it. While most hobbies that I've taken up have lasted for a few months with an occasional re-visit, I now can't imagine myself ever shaving another way (unless I take the plunge and try a strait).

What else should the members of B&B know about you?

(Thread generated automatically by the Hall of Fame Submission Form)

Top Bottom