What's new

KULPOL Ogorkowy plyn po goleniu

Kulpol,the manufacturer located in the village of Poznanska , Poland ,has come up with a real winning aftershave with a very traditional mens scent.Ogorkowy means "cucumber" in Polish.The old fashioned mens cologne scent is nice and potent,lasts several hours without "turning".Thick heavy glass bottle with great plastic cap.In addition to cucumber extract,the formula contains castor oil and MLG ,from which MSG is made.The MLG (monosodium L-glutamine) supposedly is included to deliver fresh protein to the skin,not sure if I buy into that theory,but it is possible.My face felt refreshed,smooth and smelled great.The alcohol content seems to be well under 90%,feels like 70% or less,I had zero burn or sting.A great little splash,and another added to the list of fantastic traditional shave goods from Poland,most all of which are severely overlooked by U.S. importers..

Attachments

• $IMG_0007.jpg
    $IMG_0007.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 191
  • $IMG_0003.jpg
    $IMG_0003.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 188
  • $IMG_0004.jpg
    $IMG_0004.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 172
  • $IMG_0009.jpg
    $IMG_0009.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 171
Congratulation !!!
Another gem from your endless treasure box... :001_smile
Are you disappointed with "Plyn ogorkowy"?
Is this what you expected? It was worthy to wait?
>J

Actually,it is way better than I expected!!...I was expecting a watery,imitation cucumber scent,like in womens facial products,but this aftershave is so nice,lemon mixed into a citrus cologne type scent,and it lasted all day long without "changing",I really love this stuff.I want to add that another Polish legend ,FIORD cucumber aftershave ,smells completely different,but their quality and my love for them is equal !.....U.S. traditional shave product vendors are missing out on the many MANY fantastic shaving goods Poland has to offer,a real tragedy ..

many MANY fantastic shaving goods Poland has to offer

True, such as Miraculum Men Black. Of course there is always the super manly scent of Wars original, which has a base note of bunker fuel and a top note of kerosene. Poland's answer to The Veg. In Russia it's referred to as "refreshing". Every company has to have one, I guess.

I can't agree on that !..The Wars aftershave I have is very "traditional",maybe even very "Polish" , but it IS nice and refreshing,as the Russians say !

Attachments

• $IMG_0003.jpg
    $IMG_0003.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 65
Is yours the blue one? I have the tan/brown/orange/whatever color one.
Different formula? Different market? I have a bottle of Wars Sport and Wars Fresh on their way to me. The Fresh is blue, so I'll see, or rather smell, the differences. But then again, from what I gather, your olfactory receptors are much more refined than mine, so it could be my sniffer is out of whack. For example, the Polish scent Brutal does not seem brutal to me at all. It in fact smells extremely light. Of course that could be a reverse marketing ploy, also. Either way, I love exploring new scents.

$WarsClassic_blue.jpg$WarsClassic_tan.jpg

Dangre...everyone smells scents differently than the next guys nose does.I have not tried the amber colored Wars,mine just says "Classic" on it like this blue bottle.I like it better than Aqua Velva,which turns "off-color" on my skin very rapidly.Wars shave cream is mighty nice as well...And you are correct,Brutal is not brutal at all,they have good products,very modern.

This sounds great. Where can I get some?

Well, Poland is a sure bet and Germany is..... Oh! You mean here! I'm afraid nothing local I know of, but eBay comes through.
I've ordered and had good results from:
Freja - http://stores.ebay.com/freja?_trksid=p2047675.l2563
abc-uroda - http://stores.ebay.com/abc-uroda/_i.html?rt=nc&_sid=311842642&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=1
OpenRazor - http://www.ebay.com/sch/merchant/open_razor_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZ
open_razor helped me out when I couldn't find the three scents of Bond shaving cream. I sent him an email telling him what I was looking for and he procured them and sent me an invoice. Short time later, I'm shaving and enjoying the Bond.
Rainer Benda would probably be okay if you order through eBay at http://stores.ebay.com/bendaonline/
but you take your chances using his online store http://www.miraculum-kosmetik.de/
He has some funny ideas as to who is responsible for the shipping costs if the package is returned due to restrictions without telling you ahead of time.
Hope this helps some.

Last edited:
Dangre...everyone smells scents differently than the next guys nose does.I have not tried the amber colored Wars,mine just says "Classic" on it like this blue bottle.I like it better than Aqua Velva,which turns "off-color" on my skin very rapidly.Wars shave cream is mighty nice as well...And you are correct,Brutal is not brutal at all,they have good products,very modern.

Amber, that's the word I was looking for, thank you. Yes, the amber also says Classic and I've seen a clear also labeled Classic.
Unfortunately, my olfactory palette is truly limited. I'm amazed at the people that can identify and describe individual scents in a blend. My classifications are much simpler, Barbershop good, good, eh not bad, and whoa lock that in a hazards cabinet. The hazcab is where the Dollar Tree Macho is stored.:laugh: I do enjoy the quest, though.

Thank goodness you're okay. I thought you were having a stroke.

This is the funniest line I've read in four years here at B&B. :jump::clap::jump:

(Per Google Translate: "Dzięki Bogu, że jesteś w porządku. Myślałam, że udar.")

Top Bottom