What's new

Kudos to All-Clad - Warranty

My wife and I purchased most of our All-Clad cookware about 20 years ago. We have the tri-ply line which sandwiches aluminum between two different stainless steel alloys, 18/10 for the inside and 18/0, which is magnetic, for the outside. We have been very pleased with our All-Clad - we have 14 pots/pans.

As detailed more in my switching to induction thread, our old cooktop was a halogen under glass. The halogen lights were set in a circle and resembled an "O". My favorite pan is the 4 quart sauté. Over the years, the pan began to warp, I believe due to the design of the halogen burner. This warpage was progressive and got to where the pan would be 0.25" off the burner on one side when the other side was touching the burner. This was the only pan that warped, but it also got, by far, the most use.

Given that we were making the jump to induction, I sent the old pan back to All-Clad with a warranty claim and an explanation on what I thought happened. After about 1.5 weeks, I recieved a brand new 4 quart sauté pan in the mail. All-Clad certainly lived up to its warranty with no hassle. I wanted to publicaly give them credit.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
That's pretty awesome. I was looking at getting a few pots from All-Clad considering the quality. I do understand that they are more expensive than the regular set of pots but I do not need the complete set. It's good to know that they honor their warranty that easily!

That a nice no hassle outcome kudos to All clad. I have the 3 qt with straight sides and lid. One of my go to pans.

That is good to hear. They make a good product.

I see deals on them occasionally on Woot but I have way too many pots/pans that I enjoy so have never jumped. Next time I see a woot deal I'll post it in the deals forum for others to take advantage of.

That is good to hear. They make a good product.

I see deals on them occasionally on Woot but I have way too many pots/pans that I enjoy so have never jumped. Next time I see a woot deal I'll post it in the deals forum for others to take advantage of.

You have to look at the reviews on the Woot deals. More often than not, after some research I have found that their cookware deals (especially the SS) are either seconds, or an inferior stock (no pun intended). I have found some decent deals on them at TJ MaXX and Tuesday Morning and the like though. Same with Calphalon SS, though with the warranty, I might have to give the All Clad a closer look.

You have to look at the reviews on the Woot deals. More often than not, after some research I have found that their cookware deals (especially the SS) are either seconds, or an inferior stock (no pun intended). I have found some decent deals on them at TJ MaXX and Tuesday Morning and the like though. Same with Calphalon SS, though with the warranty, I might have to give the All Clad a closer look.

Most of what I found in the way of All Clad on Woot was Emaril Lagasse branded which is not seconds (just over runs / over production).

I agree you do need to read the Woot descriptions as many items are seconds and refubs along with new over runs.

I am into tinned copper so not much interest for me in clad stainless

Love hearing the positive experience with All-Clad. I just ordered 8 of the copper core pans, good to know that if there every is an issue I will never need to replace them!

All clad is great gear, I've had mine for nearly 10 years now. Amazon is a good place to get most of the products described and see other user's reviews. Of note they have a discount wing which picks up occasional returns that can sell for less than their nominal schedule. Copper Core and MC2 Aluminum are my go to gear when not needing/using Lodge Iron. Of note, as with many other high end lines, you will often find the 8 inch dimension and 1 quart pot their best bang for the buck offerings. Along those lines let me suggest a 1 quart saucier for a general work pot.

Absolutely best pans out there. We have a kitchen full of them and have had them for 11 years now. Probably the highest priced pans but worth every single penny. We have a carbon steel for non-stick stuff but honestly once you learn to cook on stainless steel you really don't need it.

Also an All Clad lover. From 1 quart sauce pans to a 20qt stock pot * everything in between. Most are all tri ply stainless, but I have a few LTD pieces also. I hate cooking with anything else.

In the last year I have replaced 3 of my old pans with new All Clad pans. I was a bit reluctant to invest in the them, but this makes me feel like I made the right decision....Thanks for sharing.

I have a 10 piece set of the All-Clad d5 pans and they are outstanding. They are expensive but they are very high quality and the workmanship is perfect. Just by picking one up you know that these are built to last and will eventually be passed down to one of the kids. It's surprising how easy they clean up as well. Just be sure to heat the pan before you add the oil and they work perfectly.

For nonstick I use Calphalon Unison as I haven't found a better non stick pan.

Top Bottom