What's new

KSR Kampfe bros. 1900

Just found this in my letterbox today. It is a KSR marked Kampfe bros. lather catcher. According to the book it is one of two KSR razors made by Kampfe and they date this one to 1900. It has side adjusters and flip up top instead of the usual hinged design. I paid 13 Euros for it including shipping from eBay France.

Does anyone have any idea why two models were stamped KSR instead of the more usual Star? Anyway I had to have it to add to my Kampfe collection and this is my first flip top model!

If anyone has any further information that would be great.

IMG_20180524_175440.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180524_175559.jpg
    IMG_20180524_175559.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 25
Just found this in my letterbox today. It is a KSR marked Kampfe bros. lather catcher. According to the book it is one of two KSR razors made by Kampfe and they date this one to 1900. It has side adjusters and flip up top instead of the usual hinged design. I paid 13 Euros for it including shipping from eBay France.

Does anyone have any idea why two models were stamped KSR instead of the more usual Star? Anyway I had to have it to add to my Kampfe collection and this is my first flip top model!

If anyone has any further information that would be great.

View attachment 885792
BTW, if anyone has a spare lower section of the handle that they would like to part with, please let me know as mine is missing. Also the section I need will not be stamped with stars but with dots.

Very nice and a great price too. Well done.
Thanks, it is easy finding Kampfe bros. razors here in France as they are all over the place for whatever reason. And the best part is that they are usually quite inexpensive when compared to the prices they ask in the U.S.!

Top Bottom