What's new

Kron -Punkt straight

Wait, there was a Kron-Punkt on BST recently? How the hell did I miss that? I don't see anything but this thread come up when I do a search.

Anyway, good luck with your search, Yohann.

So.....

What is the deal with the Kron-Punkt? First Mark posts a WTB and now this one. Never heard of them until these WTBs (though I did see one on eBay germany recently).

So.....

What is the deal with the Kron-Punkt? First Mark posts a WTB and now this one. Never heard of them until these WTBs (though I did see one on eBay germany recently).

Are these supposed to be good razors? I just got mine cause I liked the name. :wink2:

Free bump for you Yohann, good luck.

Perhaps because it is the brand Joel uses in his shave video?I know I looked for one for a while after seeing that...:001_smile

Perhaps because it is the brand Joel uses in his shave video?I know I looked for one for a while after seeing that...:001_smile

Cool, went back to it and saw it was a Kron Punkt. Cool razors, haven't honed then second one and have just used the other once. They look great.

(though I did see one on eBay germany recently).

I tried to snag that one but the seller wouldn't ship to the states. It sold for ~$50:angry:

They're nothing fancy but the name is cool and they shave well (code for don't drive the demand up....shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)

I thought Mark was looking for a Chronik, which is different from Kron-Punkt.

Still looking for a Chronik I saw a few years ago. Found out Joel has one and he won't let it go:lol:

Last edited:
I bet that razor doesn't shave any better than my Rudolf Schmidt anyway. It's the one Solingen razor I may keep. :wink2:

Yeah, pass the Kron Plunkts when you see them, good paper weights. But make sure you let me know where you pass them up at:tongue_sm

Mostly I'm just curious about it (yes, because of Joel's video). Also, it does have a cool name!! :biggrin1:

I've found that all the decent vintage blades take great edges, so I'm not really expecting this brand to be transformative.

Just had an outstanding shave with a Japanese razor that nobody is collecting at the moment. It shaves as well, or better than the Diamond Hayashi, Hoshi Tombo, and King Pelican's I've had. Doesn't command the same price, and I'd rather have the cheaper razor anyway. Got rid of the Diamond and the Pelican (Still have the Hoshi's though).

As the bard once queried, 'What's in a name?'.

I actually have one Kron Punkt, but it's a small razor that appears to have been shortened slightly,

Takes a mean edge, though. Nice shave, but not better than some other blades I've had.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I'm going to start hanging out with you. Is that also from the knife show?

Nope...from the same antique shop I bought the Wonderedge... I was offered one at the knife show from the same nice old man I bought the Bartmann and the wee Rodger's Travel/Moustache razor from but he wanted $100 for it so I passed.

Yeah, pass the Kron Plunkts when you see them, good paper weights. But make sure you let me know where you pass them up at:tongue_sm

Haha. I'm mostly rattling the cage. (Also, didn't you know that the best shaves come from rusty Victorian era spoons?)

If I see a Ka-Plunkt, I'll let you know.

You sold me the one I mentioned in the post above, Telly. Great price, as usual. :thumbup:

Hoping to get a larger one someday, though. :lol:

Top Bottom