What's new

Kroger Stainless Steel DE Blades?

Was at my local Kroger yesterday and saw that they were on sale, but it's been hard to turn up much of anything on these blades, aside from that they're most likely produced by American Safety Razor, and probably different from Walmart/Walgreens/CVS. Definitely saw a Made in the USA on the packaging, and only stainless steel -- nothing about comfort coating or platinum or anything else. Are there any reviews of these blades, or people who've used these before?

If it doesn't say comfort coating or platinum, they're the lowest of these blades, good for two so-so shaves at best, from what I've heard. The Kroger blades are same as the CVS, but at less than half the price. Walgreens are at least comfort coated, last time I looke, but at a stiff price.

If it doesn't say comfort coating or platinum, they're the lowest of these blades, good for two so-so shaves at best, from what I've heard. The Kroger blades are same as the CVS, but at less than half the price. Walgreens are at least comfort coated, last time I looke, but at a stiff price.

Good to know! Even on sale, they're handily beat out by Derbys and Astras, both of which have established reputations in terms of their quality around here. Glad I didn't pull the trigger after all, was about to clear them out thinking that they might be comparable to the higher-end personnas that I keep hearing so much about!

They were my first DE blade purchase when I got my first razor. I got about 5 shaves per side on a tech, 3 on a superspeed.

They were passable and are responsible for starting me on the hobby. But now I'm experimenting with some of the better blades out there. Conclusion: great in a pinch, don't turn your nose up at them, but if you have an opportunity to buy better ones, do so.

I saw some top care blades (made in USA) at lowe's food grocery store the other night for around $2.20 for 10.
Not bad for local stock. Still I can mail order Gillette yellows for that price.

Top Bottom