What's new

Koraat..Maybe the Best of Show?

I just heard from Ulrik this morning. my lastest Koraat is finished and ready to be shipped. Ordered on 8/2, Ulrik bested his 16 week estimate by 4 weeks. I'm a happy camper!

proxy.php

proxy.php
My Koraat arrived about 1/2 hour ago..

It looks nicer in person than it does in the photos!

How does the hammered spine affect honing? Or is it off the stone?
That was such a good question that I put it briefly on a wet Shapton 30K, just to see. I can feel some bumpiness, but without more time, I can't tell if it's much of an issue. It didn't feel like one. I guess I'll find out.

Yes indeed. But any tips you have about taking pictures that look more like your pictures than my pictures would be welcome.
I wish I could help, but those are Ulrik's photos.. not mine!! :concern:
It would be worth asking Ulrik that question. If you do not see any spine wear, he may have used tape when he honed.
I know that Ulrik hones his razors with tape. Or at least he used to.

He hones with tape. I forget the exact brand (it's not in the states i don't think) but 3M super 88 seems to be an adequate thickness from my brief tinker on the nani 12k.

Mild idle curiousity ... I have two Koraat razors — both configured from the "2.0 Konfigurator" — one of which came labeled as '14 2.0' and the other just 'K' branding. I wonder which particular option(s) trigger one or the other branding?

I honestly don't know..

On this latest Koraat, with the covered tang, there would not have been room for the Koraat logo and 14 2.0. Whether that has anything to do with it.. i have no idea..

I was pondering whether it might be only the thinned belly grinds? My previous one (2.0 branded) had the regular (not 'extra') full hollow thinned belly. I tried a bellied full hollow this time and that one came without the 2.0.

I've been watching with envy all of your razors get delivered, whilst I have heard nothing about mine (ordered during the same heady week or so in early August). So I emailed Ulrik to see if I could get an update. I got an immediate automatic reply:

Thank you for your email.

Due to an unexpected private incident we cannot reply for the moment. But I will contact you immediately as soon as the problems have resolved.

I hope Ulrik and his family are safe and well. It's nice top get shiny steel in the mail, but family and loved ones are far more precious.

I've been watching with envy all of your razors get delivered, whilst I have heard nothing about mine (ordered during the same heady week or so in early August). So I emailed Ulrik to see if I could get an update. I got an immediate automatic reply:

I hope Ulrik and his family are safe and well. It's nice top get shiny steel in the mail, but family and loved ones are far more precious.
I hope everything is OK... Ulrik is a fine gentleman!

Top Bottom