What's new

Koraat..Maybe the Best of Show?

My new Koraat arrived today. It’s amazing. I wasn’t quite prepared for how nicely polished the camelbone scales are - doesn’t really show in Ulrik’s photos.

Worth noting, though, that the camelbone is quite heavy. I suppose having the decorated spine adds some weight to the blade to balance it - I’m not sure. Something to keep in mind when you are speccing a custom Koraat.

E16247AC-784C-4099-A2F7-C1151181EA3D.jpeg

My new Koraat arrived today. It’s amazing. I wasn’t quite prepared for how nicely polished the camelbone scales are - doesn’t really show in Ulrik’s photos.

Worth noting, though, that the camelbone is quite heavy. I suppose having the decorated spine adds some weight to the blade to balance it - I’m not sure. Something to keep in mind when you are speccing a custom Koraat.

View attachment 1503582
Just beautiful!

Enjoy!!!

I just heard from Ulrik this morning. my lastest Koraat is finished and ready to be shipped. Ordered on 8/2, Ulrik bested his 16 week estimate by 4 weeks. I'm a happy camper!

proxy.php

proxy.php
That is stunning. Very tasteful choices and it’s really nice to see this exhibited here to show what the options look like. It’s great that you can check a few different boxes and the razor has a completely different look (while still very recognizably a Koraat).

How does the balance and the weight of the scales feel?

Finally took the plunge. Looks like a Basic ii 8/8ths wedge with ebony scales order is finalized. Stoked! I'm not spending money on shaving stuff right now but ya know, the holidays and everything...
Pics when it arrives please! I've been wanting a wedge in 8/8 for awhile lol. Just to have something heavy and different I think. Still deciding on what scales etc .

Pics when it arrives please! I've been wanting a wedge in 8/8 for awhile lol. Just to have something heavy and different I think. Still deciding on what scales etc .
Will do! I just couldn't handle the option overload of a customized shieffield LOL.

Exchange rate just makes sense right now for me. Had to pull the plug. It was going to happen eventually...

That is stunning. Very tasteful choices and it’s really nice to see this exhibited here to show what the options look like. It’s great that you can check a few different boxes and the razor has a completely different look (while still very recognizably a Koraat).

How does the balance and the weight of the scales feel?
I don't have the razor in hand yet... it shipped today.
But, I have another Koraat 14 2.0 Custom in camelbone scales, and I don't notice any balance issues at all. But, that said, I've never noticed any balance issues in any of my straight razors...
But, that's just me..

Top Bottom