What's new

Koraat..Maybe the Best of Show?

I just shaved with both these razors this morning. They are subtly different but I'm not sure I can articulate how or why. The Fili feels a little more forgiving if that makes sense. If you've ever driven a performance car with an adjustable suspension, my Fili feels more like touring mode and the Koraat more like track mode.

What belly is on koraat? What grind did you choose please? I'm trying the spec the same razor.
So I just looked on his site and it looks like the configurator pages have changed a little. On the 14 2.0 configurator he has listed a "rounded (thinned) belly option, but on the custom configurator he has "full hollow thinned belly" and "extra full hollow thinned belly."

I went back to my email and it looks like I spec'd mine off the standard 14 2.0 configurator, was listed as "Single shoulder full hollow, rounded (thinned) belly."

91A1DCC3-2607-43B0-8EAB-CA04C756449B.jpeg
1D0531C4-DBAD-44E7-B549-1B1839095F1A.jpeg

Above is a close up of my most recent Koraat 14 2.0.
But for the thinnest most flexible blade out there, gotta be by Rasoir Sabre, “Mon Fier Destrier”. Amazing bit of grinding by Ertan Suer.

My Custom 2.0 Extra Hollow measures .006 inch with my blade micrometer. That's amazing, considering the hair on my head measures .004 inch! As a life long metal worker (Tool & Die) you don't get much thinner than that, baby!!

I know that the Filli has a huge following. I've got a few that just don't get used that much... I don't mean to insult anyone's choice of razor, but I just don't all the hooplah...

The Koraats get used quite often..

Ya pays yer money, ya takes yer chance...

Last edited:
What belly is on koraat? What grind did you choose please? I'm trying the spec the same razor.

I've got the Full Hollow, and the Extra Full Hollow, both with double stabilizers Scott... I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference in the shave.

I don't believe you can make a mistake.

All this talk has me wanting one more Koraat. I've been looking at the Sheffield style, but Herr Beyer's hollows are so fantastic, it seems a shame to go with a heavy grind.
We'll see

Congrats. Just so we can join you in anticipation, what options did you select? Scale material / colour? Size? Grind? Anything else out of the ordinary? A lot of those boxes are very tempting to tick.

I haven't heard back yet, but...

Camel scales with Juma wedge
Full Hollow with double stabilizers
Some light tasteful spinework
Spanish point
Highly polished

It will be some time yet..

I haven't heard back yet, but...

Camel scales with Juma wedge
Full Hollow with double stabilizers
Some light tasteful spinework
Spanish point
Highly polished

It will be some time yet..
I'm expecting mine sometime in September. Haven't restarted a nail biting habit yet but the anticipation feels like a kid with Christmas approaching.

Already beginning to work on the details of #6😳
7/8, full or extra full hollow, square tip with Schorkopf, black&white horn scales, thumb notch, a few decorative bits TBA, nicklesilver rivets and wedge…..

Last edited:
Top Bottom