What's new

Koraat in Kinirite

I had this blade for a while (almost 2 years), I was hoping for ivory to be available again. Steve sent me a piece of kirinite in tortoise, thank you @Steve56

I wanted to make them as thin as possible to mimic the real thing, I took a piece of the cut off when rough shaping the scales and ground it down at a slant and tested to see how thin it could tolerate being and still be rigid, it turns out it was about 1/8, thinner and it would fold.

I used a piece of old ivory for the wedge and pinned her without collars to keep with the tortoise tradition.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Turned out OK, not my favorite material to work with, it will melt and burn if worked for too long on the sander.

Enjoy

I had this blade for a while (almost 2 years), I was hoping for ivory to be available again. Steve sent me a piece of kirinite in tortoise, thank you @Steve56

I wanted to make them as thin as possible to mimic the real thing, I took a piece of the cut off when rough shaping the scales and ground it down at a slant and tested to see how thin it could tolerate being and still be rigid, it turns out it was about 1/8, thinner and it would fold.

I used a piece of old ivory for the wedge and pinned her without collars to keep with the tortoise tradition.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Turned out OK, not my favorite material to work with, it will melt and burn if worked for too long on the sander.

Enjoy
Love the grind on that blade!!!

Top Bottom