What's new

Konnichiwa!

Hey friends,

I am a newbie to wet shaving and straight razors. I bought a Ralf Aust a couple weeks back,
got some Proraso green and a Parker badger brush and now I'm hooked. I live in Yokohama,
Japan but work in Tokyo. Recently, I bought a Kanayama strop at the workshop where they
are made in Tokyo. I am hooked on Japanese razors at the moment, with a Tanifuji Maxfli-Gold
being my current favorite. I certain have a lot to learn but my first forays into the wet-shaving
world did not result in too many weepers (ATG is still a tough proposition). In any case,
glad to meet everyone.

Sukeroku

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. Don’t forget to check in with the guys in the Straight Razor Forum. They would love to hear from you.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php
Konnichiha (こんにちは), Sukeroku-san my shaving friend in 'The Land of the Rising Sun' in Yokohama, ('Japan. Endless Discovery'!!!).
Yokomana.jpg
proxy.php
proxy.php
1581914942434.jpeg

proxy.php
Welcome aboard the B & B (besides being enrolled in the fictional, sacred and utopian Order of Shavedom), so please feel free to come up to the promenade / sun deck & 'sit-a-spell'.
sipping-tea-on-ship-1-jpg.819750
proxy.php

Sounds like your off to a great start and on your way to shaving nirvana and 'The Zen of Shaving', and yes,...this Forum has the knowledge, ideas, and all around 'know-how' to assist in your Wet-Shaving experience. In a nut-shell...your 'gonna' love it here. :thumbsup:

Since you're using a Str8 (I'm too nervous to try myself :crying:...although I have a few 'display' str8's), razor this Thread entitled "The Interactive Guide to Straight Razor Shaving" maybe of great interest to you and is very informative (which I'm sure you've probably already read).

Q. What other tools (brushes, soaps, scents ect...), are you using?
proxy.php

And please don't forget The 7 P's of Shaving...Prepare, Patience, Pressure, Practice, Persistence, Post shave and Passion.

Although, you may not be addicted yet (I think I'm holding up fairly well...with a few exceptions), because we all suffer (gladly and are doomed perhaps), from this shaving compulsion (and other Acquisition Disorders), because at times..."Resistance is futile".
proxy.php

Lastly, please don't forget once you get time....to tell us a little about yourself in the Hall-of-Fame

sub-forum.
Japanense Foods.jpg
Japan - Yokohama.png
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
“Happiness is in the [shave] that sweeps away the [uncertainties] of your heart”. Mort Walker

Last edited:
Top Bottom