What's new

Kolnisch Juchten - A Real Man's Russian Leather

A footnote to the above.I have been contacted by Patty ,of Surrender to Chance,and she assures me that their pre 1960 Kolnisch is authentic.It may have lost a few notes over the decades,so if you want smoke and tar,the Regency current version would be a better choice.http://www.surrendertochance.com has a tremedous selection of perfumes and colognes,a very interesting site !

Gents,

I finally was able to confirm that the juice I originally posted about is the vintage Farina version. It is nothing like the current version sold in San Francisco to those of you who were probably very confused by my comparison to Creed Cuir de Russie. The vintage is smooth and soft, yet retains a prominent leather accord like a true Russian Leather. The current version is intensely smokey, smells of charred meat and is borderline unwearable.

Oh if I could ever source a bottle of the vintage by Farina!!

Gents,

I finally was able to confirm that the juice I originally posted about is the vintage Farina version. It is nothing like the current version sold in San Francisco to those of you who were probably very confused by my comparison to Creed Cuir de Russie. The vintage is smooth and soft, yet retains a prominent leather accord like a true Russian Leather. The current version is intensely smokey, smells of charred meat and is borderline unwearable.

Oh if I could ever source a bottle of the vintage by Farina!!

Agreed. It makes Lonestar Memories seem like Penhaligons' Castille, especially after the novelty has worn off.

Top Bottom