What's new

Knox Cigar Coates Closeout!

Status
Not open for further replies.
farangzookzon said:
They have reduced the prices of the Rose, Teatree and Lime down to $10! Sandlewood is still at $20 per tub. Check it out! They won't last too long!

http://www.knoxcigar.com/coshcr.html
Joe,
They have been out of Sandalwood for several weeks.. But they have reduced the remaining Lime, Tea Tree, and Rose to $10 a pop...Argh, the huge manatee... BTW, probably stuff like this belongs in Shopping..

guenron said:
Joe,
They have been out of Sandalwood for several weeks.. But they have reduced the remaining Lime, Tea Tree, and Rose to $10 a pop...Argh, the huge manatee...

Hi Ron,

I am definitely going to get a Rose and a Tea Tree, I have enough various limes to last me forever! :tongue_sm

Gents, don't forgot that the $10 tubs are dried out. They can be rehydrated with a little water and alot of mixing.

farangzookzon said:
They have reduced the prices of the Rose, Teatree and Lime down to $10! Sandlewood is still at $20 per tub. Check it out! They won't last too long!

http://www.knoxcigar.com/coshcr.html

Thanks! Just got 2 tubs, a Limes and a Tea Tree, both of which I've been wanting to try--at $19--the $10 tubs have dried out from too long in the warehous, so have the consistency of soaps--if you like soaps, these are probably a good deal.

With The Grain said:
not sure how much of a difference it makes but the fine print on the $10 tubs says they are dried out a bit

Good eye, I did not see that, well, I might hold off before buying. Ron and Co., what do the masters suggest? Would you go with Knox's suggestion that all is needed is a little bit of "elbow grease and water" to bring it back up to snuff?

Sorry Ron, you are right, this should be in shopping, I just wanted to make sure most members got to see this right away before the stock was gone. I don't always go into the Shopping area unless I am specifically looking for something, I just wanted to insure members saw this right off the bat and assumed that most check out "General" more often than they do the shopping forum. You can give me a spanking!

Cheers,

Joe

Just as a heads up..... if they are very dry, they will lose their effectiveness. Don't get me wrong, you can nurse them back to health - but they aren't 100%, and when they dry out - I presume so does some of their oils/slickness, as they are not as good as their "fresh" cousin. Coate's is notorious for being especially difficult to nurse back to health - so buyer beware.... I had a tube of Coates Sandalwood, broke the top, and the cream dried out a bit, and became basically worthless.

joel said:
Just as a heads up..... if they are very dry, they will lose their effectiveness. Don't get me wrong, you can nurse them back to health - but they aren't 100%, and when they dry out - I presume so does some of their oils/slickness, as they are not as good as their "fresh" cousin. Coate's is notorious for being especially difficult to nurse back to health - so buyer beware.... I had a tube of Coates Sandalwood, broke the top, and the cream dried out a bit, and became basically worthless.

Thanks Joel, based on what you say I will hold off on buying them then.

Thanks!

As mentioned above, I purchased 2 tubs of Coates shave cream on this closeout deal. Upon opening, each tub was only about halfway filled, with a big whole in the middle of each tub--it looked like the tubs had been used as testers.

I've now used each product once, and the results have been poor--not great shaves, more nicks than usual, and pretty weak lathering.

Any comments, pro or con?

mrob said:
As mentioned above, I purchased 2 tubs of Coates shave cream on this closeout deal. Upon opening, each tub was only about halfway filled, with a big whole in the middle of each tub--it looked like the tubs had been used as testers.

I've now used each product once, and the results have been poor--not great shaves, more nicks than usual, and pretty weak lathering.

Any comments, pro or con?
Hmmm... Halfway full? Have you weighed them? They are loaded by weight not volume, i.e sold by grams not milliliters, etc. Settling and storage often dictate the appearance of partial filling..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom