What's new

Knowledge request on the EZ 9mm

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I have a few friends who have gotten these for their wives. .. Although these are not for me and I will not be buying one for my wife, anytime we can get more people carrying and interested in protecting themselves, its a good thing.

Is it nice to be able to pull a slide back easier than a regular gun? Sure... But both a grip safety and a thumb safety on a striker fired gun? This makes little sense to me as the trigger system IS THE SAFETY. given those two features alone, I would pass.

With all that said above, the ladies I know who are carrying these, do like them... so if the shooter likes it, I guess thats all that should matter!!

Cheers,
B

Many of my striker fired guns have both a grip and manual safety. They also have a fairly heavy trigger pull.

proxy.php

Last edited:
If the trigger on the m&p EZ is meant to be the actual safety, why would you need a grip safety and a thumb safety? Its just two more things that can go wrong in a horrible situation.

As mentioned, if you like carrying a pistol with extra safeties on the gun you carry, or the one that a loved one carries, great... go nuts. I personally wouldn't buy one for myself or wife for the reasons Ive already laid out.

Cheers,

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
If the trigger on the m&p EZ is meant to be the actual safety, why would you need a grip safety and a thumb safety? Its just two more things that can go wrong in a horrible situation.

As mentioned, if you like carrying a pistol with extra safeties on the gun you carry, or the one that a loved one carries, great... go nuts. I personally wouldn't buy one for myself or wife for the reasons Ive already laid out.

Cheers,
So as far as reasoning goes I've always thought the idea of a trigger safety on a semi-automatic was about as silly an idea as ever imagined. The point of any safety on a handgun is to discourage or prevent unintentionally pulling the trigger. Incorporating a so called safety into the trigger itself is not just a perversion of the term "safety", it is an invitation for NDs.

Trigger safeties are nothing new, Iver Johnson used a trigger safety on some of their guns a century or so ago and Harrington & Richardson used a two stage mechanism where the trigger simply cocked the hammer while a separate lever at the rear of the guard tripped the sear. Hopkins and Allen used an system that only lowered the arc of the hammer if the trigger was held to the rear. But all of those were double action revolvers with a trigger pull generally over ten pounds.

I would not carry any modern gun that relied on some trigger safety and would certainly try to discourage any of my family or friends from using one. I understand that that format is popular and sells well today and should someone decide it was acceptable then that's fine. I'll admit though to feeling slightly uncomfortable even just around folk carrying such handguns. Yup, even when they are law enforcement.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Read it, but found the night vision M1 carbine story more interesting!

Also the Colt King Cobra read. Now I am impressed with the new Colt!

AA

Last edited:

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Thanks for reading about it! It just looks like a good way to get my wife to actually carry.

It would be nice to have an extra "good gal with a gun" in my presence if the need ever did arise.

She's an incredibly cool head in an emergent situation. There is a reason I call her the War Department, lol.

But her hands are becoming a bit more arthritic with each passing day, just like I suppose most of could claim.
The “War Department” 😆 ... I was fortunate in that as a child my wife’s parents weaned her by replacing her bottle with a .22 revolver. Didn’t have to learn her a single thing when it came to firearms & in fact, picked up a couple, few good habits from her.

Asked her to watch the EZ video & though she balked at the idea of replacing her Shield 1.0 (w/a 2.0) a couple years back, after viewing said video, she definitely wants to take a closer look at the pistol.

My buddy and I were shopping with his mom who is now alone and who wanted a pistol of her own. She picked the EZ in .380.

Yes - it’s butt ugly

Function over form though. It doesn’t take long to like the thing and start to see its real beauty. It’s a real win for S&W if you ask me.

I bet the war department would love it after some testing.

I am not a friend of these gadgets.....selling scheme.
Firm believer that a Glock, even if you buy a used one is better (just change the springs), unless she cannot grab the handle well.... 15rds vs 9.
My GF used to shoot a Walther PPQ like a champ!!!and she had never fired a handgun

I am not a friend of these gadgets.....selling scheme.
Firm believer that a Glock, even if you buy a used one is better (just change the springs), unless she cannot grab the handle well.... 15rds vs 9.
My GF used to shoot a Walther PPQ like a champ!!!and she had never fired a handgun

Im of this same school of thought...

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
The “War Department” 😆 ... I was fortunate in that as a child my wife’s parents weaned her by replacing her bottle with a .22 revolver. Didn’t have to learn her a single thing when it came to firearms & in fact, picked up a couple, few good habits from her.

Asked her to watch the EZ video & though she balked at the idea of replacing her Shield 1.0 (w/a 2.0) a couple years back, after viewing said video, she definitely wants to take a closer look at the pistol.
My lovely wife is the War Department because I'm afraid of her! She is like a lot of women I've shot with, in that she doesn't really shoot much, but when she does, most of (all of, lol) the time she out shoots me with long guns.

She grew up in the country, riding and shooting, kinda like a Tomboy.

But I got her barely beat in the revolver shootin' department, and upper body strength.

We were with a shootin' buddy last night that only shoots semi-auto, and he had high praise for the EZ 9mm, and he's an engineer. So now her stance has changed to: "I'll have to shoot one or at least rack it before I buy one."

Whoa. Coulda knocked me over with a feather.

I just want her to have HER gun. I'll spend my allowance on it. I just want her to have the option of having one on her if a situation were to arise when I'm not around.

Honestly, you guys know me. Of the two of us, there isn't a mutual friend that we have that wouldn't pick her to be a better choice over me of being armed in a situation.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Only in an armed situation? Dost thou flatter thyself?
LOL?

Yes, you ain't even met her and you know the truth!

We are opposites in a lot of ways, but 100% in agreement where it matters. But that has only happened through being married a while. The concept of becoming "one flesh" happens no matter what your faith, or if you are without any faith, in my too proud opinion.

We are a partnership, I like to tell folks, but neither of us is a "silent" partner!

Vive le difference!

I have the ez 380 and while I wanted to not like it for myself, wow I was really impressed. Recoil is almost nothing, racking the slide can be done with two fingers, the trigger is like 3.5 lbs, and mine is very accurate . I have t shot the ez 9 but I can say it’s not as easy as the 380 to rack.
All in all I would shoot the 380 and 9 and see which you prefer.

I have the ez 380 and while I wanted to not like it for myself, wow I was really impressed. Recoil is almost nothing, racking the slide can be done with two fingers, the trigger is like 3.5 lbs, and mine is very accurate . I have t shot the ez 9 but I can say it’s not as easy as the 380 to rack.
All in all I would shoot the 380 and 9 and see which you prefer.
Good to hear! Thanks for posting your experience with the ez .380. My wife has a full wrist replacement, so she needs a gun that's easy to rack.

Top Bottom