What's new

Knots Similar to Muhle Synthetic Fiber or Shavemac Synthetic?

I'm having a custom brush handle made but having trouble sourcing the knot I want. I currently have a Muhle Synthetic Fiber with 21mm knot and a Shavemac synthetic with 24mm knot. I like them both a lot as they have enough backbone to lather triple milled soaps yet also work well with creams at the same time. I wanted to put one of these knots in the handle I'm having made but I'm having trouble finding a source for either one.

That brings me to the wonderful knowledge of B&B members. Are there any other synthetic knots that have characteristics similar to either the Muhle or Shavemac knot? Specifically, I'm looking for good backbone more than super soft tips. I also don't want something that's overly floppy. I just don't have experience with anything other than the two synthetics that I already have.

Any advice or tips are much appreciated!

I will leave any reccomendations to members more experienced with synthetic brushes. FWIW and since you like the Muhle knot, replacements of the 21 and 23mm ones are sold directly from the company. E.g.

EU:

USA:

I might suggest the T4 knot from DScosmetics (Aliexpress) if you like a strong backbone and soft tips. It is also pretty cheap and currently available in 24mm and 26mm knots.

DS-T4.png

there are no 25 mm STF knots anymore, they are discontinued and I got last year the last ones....sold out now

I am so glad I bought one of those from you. One of my favourites.
The loft was set low-ish at 55mm, so it was a bit stiff at first, but it is
settling in nicely.

I will leave any reccomendations to members more experienced with synthetic brushes. FWIW and since you like the Muhle knot, replacements of the 21 and 23mm ones are sold directly from the company. E.g.

EU:

USA:

Thank you for posting the links. I was on the US site last night and saw the knots, then I left the page for a while and couldn't find them again when I came back. It was like the website had changed or something. The links are much appreciated :thumbup:

Just ordered a Muhle Synthetic Fiber with 23mm knot from Muhle USA. I had this knot in a Muhle handle before but thought it had a little less backbone than the 21mm version and ended up selling it. I'll have this knot set a little lower than the 53mm loft that my old brush used and probably go with about 50mm. Thanks for the advice and recommendations!

Some stores still have Edwin Jagger 25mm; which I think it's the same as Muhle......so in theory you can still get one of those....mine is crossing the Atlantic......

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I am so glad I bought one of those from you. One of my favourites.
The loft was set low-ish at 55mm, so it was a bit stiff at first, but it is
settling in nicely.
55 is the normal loft for this one, this is the loft I set the most. Have done as low as 52 and some even in 57 mm

Top Bottom