What's new

Knot size of Duke 3

I'm in need of some clarification here, gents. I've seen the knot size of the famed Duke 3 listed as both 23mm and 25mm on various vendor sites. I understand that there is variation within the models, but for those of you who own Duke 3's, would you say it's closer to 23 or 25mm? I'm starting to mull over my next brush purchase and the Duke 3 is definitely in the running, but I feel that a 25mm knot would allay my SBAD more effectively:biggrin1:. Thanks.

It's puzzling to me as Jarrod is the only one who has reported 25mm on that knot. Every other vendor I've seen calls it 23mm. Don't have calipers so I can't check mine for you, sorry. My calibrated eyeball has +/- 1 mm uncertainty. :rolleyes:

It is a big knot, but not huge. I consider 25mm and above to be in the latter category.

EDIT:
Phil at BullGoose also calls it 25mm.

I'm not sure if my Duke 3 or Chubby 1 have 23 knot, but I know the lofts are not the same, my Duke is close to 50 and my Chubby 1 is close to 44. So on this basis these two knots are definately NOT the same.

Thanks very much for the replies guys.

mhdena:

Those picks are very useful. It just so happens that those are the three brushes that I'm considering. That chubby 2 looks sweet!

Mine's just a hair bigger than 24mm. Contact Jason on the Superior Shave website and look at the photos and get the one you want.

I just measured mine and it's 26mm.

This is measured as it comes out of the handle, which may not be the knot size at the plug.

24mm / 49mm

No calipers but a metal rule and a pair of credit cards did the trick! :thumbup1:

Thank goodness I got those bad boys back in the wallet before I bought something!! :blush:

Top Bottom