What's new

Knot knowledge deficit

proxy.php

I am a face latherer and love my Simpson chubbies for their dense stiff knots. I tried the synthetic knot above and it’s floppiness is not my cup of shaving knot - I believe that is the saying, right? Also, the shedder brush on the right (subject of an earlier post) had its oxi-spa day and has since re-doubled its efforts to set world records in all the shedding categories. I do not really understand the difference between 1, 2, or 3 band knots or even between best, super, silvertip, manchurian, etc. I know I like soft tips but don’t mind a bit if scritch for a good face scrub.

OK, here is my question: What knot(s) should I choose for the two handles above and where should I go to get them done? I’m not really ready to re-knot atm. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

proxy.php

I am a face latherer and love my Simpson chubbies for their dense stiff knots. I tried the synthetic knot above and it’s floppiness is not my cup of shaving knot - I believe that is the saying, right? Also, the shedder brush on the right (subject of an earlier post) had its oxi-spa day and has since re-doubled its efforts to set world records in all the shedding categories. I do not really understand the difference between 1, 2, or 3 band knots or even between best, super, silvertip, manchurian, etc. I know I like soft tips but don’t mind a bit if scritch for a good face scrub.

OK, here is my question: What knot(s) should I choose for the two handles above and where should I go to get them done? I’m not really ready to re-knot atm. Your help is greatly appreciated.

I mean I'm not ready to do the re-knotting myself, I would like to send them to someone who knows what they are doing.

I will give Rudy a jingle. Not to be a dope but... what is the difference between 2-band and 3-band (I mean besides the obvious)? Is one stiffer than the other? Softer?

Two-band tends to be stiffer. Two-band tip softness can range from extremely soft to quite prickly - just like three band. In the case of Shavemac 2 or 3-band silvertip, both would have extremely soft tips. Shavemac’s 2-band silver tip D01 hair however, is scratchy.

Update: Got in touch w/ Rudy and they are on their way for his evaluation. It appears that the Shavemac knots are the way to go. Thanks for the info/advice!

proxy.php

A lot of that will really be determined by face size and personal preference.

What are the aspects of a great shave that you really love? This will determine what you choose to achieve it.

Top Bottom