What's new

Knot came lose out of my rudy vey... help!

Hello,

One of my favorite brushes, a RV, has an issue. The knot became very lose and I just pulled it out. I have some Loctite Superflex clear rtv silicone on hand and i was curious if this would work fine to re-set the knot?

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
You can it to me and I re-glue the knot, or if you are handy, you can get some Devcon 5 minute epoxy and glue it back in yourself. Just make sure not to overdo with the glue, as it may squeeze out above the rim of the handle and get into the hair.

Thank you. I was getting impatient. (Once my head is on something, I struggle to be patient.... I am working on this :) ) and used the loctite. Seems to have worked great. I waited 24 hours and I am happy to say it feels very secure. Looks like I should purchase some Devcon 5 just for when this happens in the future.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Thank you. I was getting impatient. (Once my head is on something, I struggle to be patient.... I am working on this :) ) and used the loctite. Seems to have worked great. I waited 24 hours and I am happy to say it feels very secure. Looks like I should purchase some Devcon 5 just for when this happens in the future.

Let's hope it never happens again :)
That happened to one brush I made and sent to Australia once :(

You can it to me and I re-glue the knot, or if you are handy, you can get some Devcon 5 minute epoxy and glue it back in yourself. Just make sure not to overdo with the glue, as it may squeeze out above the rim of the handle and get into the hair.

Very classy response from a very classy guy!! :a29:

Top Bottom