What's new

Knize Ten EDT Splash

I have had an unopened 3.4 oz box of Knize Ten EDT Splash sitting in my closet for over a year and finally decided to try it this afternoon. All I can say is WOW, this is a truly unique and one of a kind blast from the past.
My first reaction was petrol, powder, & leather with a certain sweetness.
Previously I had tried and enjoyed Knize Ten Golden Edition but have to admit the original is truly amazing.

Any K10 fans out there?

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I used to wear K10 for decades, and nothing else:001_tt1::001_tt1: - until I found this forum - now I have 30+ bottles of fragrances in my cabinet :001_tt2::001_tt2:

Knize 10 is a bit of a legendary status holy grail scent around here. It is a polarizing scent. I know just as many people that detest it as I do that love it.

I didn't really care for it much at first, but it has grown on me over time and I really do enjoy it. I still don't care for the powdery-ness in it, but I have learned to overlook it and really enjoy the other parts of the frag which are awesome.

Not really a warm weather scent IMO, so it won't get any play in my 'drobe until the cooler weather moves in next fall.

I am as big of a fan as there is.I have never seen a splash Knize 10 edt are you sure it is not the aftershave?

Paul

K10 in a splash definitely can be found. I used to have an EdT splash, too. I sold it, didn't care much for it at the time, but I now have it in an AS, which I love. Now I'm thinking I need some EdT again. I use the AS all the time even in this hot, muggy South.

I used to wear K10 for decades, and nothing else:001_tt1::001_tt1: - until I found this forum - now I have 30+ bottles of fragrances in my cabinet :001_tt2::001_tt2:

Woah, how did you even know about the stuff decades ago? It's insanely limited in distribution and the first time I ever heard about it was last year on this message board (even with a bit of a frag hobby over the years).

k10 either makes people run from you or want to get to know you in the most intimate ways. its a coin toss

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Woah, how did you even know about the stuff decades ago? It's insanely limited in distribution and the first time I ever heard about it was last year on this message board (even with a bit of a frag hobby over the years).

It can be easily found in any good German perfumery store, not chain stores, though. When I was back last year, I saw it in three different stores (one had the whole Knize program, plus all the other great companies we always hear from in this forum).
I started using this when I was in my early/mid twenties. I have bought many splash bottles, then filled some of the juice in a atomizer bottle. One thing I remember well was the price, it changed from 115 DM (Deutsche Mark) when I started buying it, to 125 DM when I left Germany. Last year I bought a bottle of the Sec for approx Euro 70, which is equivalent to the 135 DM - so over all the years not much of a price increase....

I have had an unopened 3.4 oz box of Knize Ten EDT Splash sitting in my closet for over a year and finally decided to try it this afternoon. All I can say is WOW, this is a truly unique and one of a kind blast from the past.
My first reaction was petrol, powder, & leather with a certain sweetness.
Previously I had tried and enjoyed Knize Ten Golden Edition but have to admit the original is truly amazing.
Any K10 fans out there?

I am a fan of Knize 10-I just have to pick my spots to wear it since it's powerful stuff.
I've never tried the Gold edition-how would you compare it to the original?

K10 in a splash definitely can be found. I used to have an EdT splash, too. I sold it, didn't care much for it at the time, but I now have it in an AS, which I love. Now I'm thinking I need some EdT again. I use the AS all the time even in this hot, muggy South.

I in the past have also owned the splash. Currently own the spray, so no sense in posting a pic. of the spray. This disappeared for the last few years here in the States. I understand there are a few distributes now, is that correct?

I am a fan of Knize 10-I just have to pick my spots to wear it since it's powerful stuff.
I've never tried the Gold edition-how would you compare it to the original?

The only difference is that the golden edition is a slightly more concetrated version of the original. It opens a bit sharper, but the dry down is identical. Some say there's more leather and less powder in the golden edition, but to me, it's really just the same k10 only a little more potent which is what their literature also claims.

It can be easily found in any good German perfumery store, not chain stores, though. When I was back last year, I saw it in three different stores (one had the whole Knize program, plus all the other great companies we always hear from in this forum).
I started using this when I was in my early/mid twenties. I have bought many splash bottles, then filled some of the juice in a atomizer bottle. One thing I remember well was the price, it changed from 115 DM (Deutsche Mark) when I started buying it, to 125 DM when I left Germany. Last year I bought a bottle of the Sec for approx Euro 70, which is equivalent to the 135 DM - so over all the years not much of a price increase....

Ah, you discovered it while in Germany. That makes more sense :)

I in the past have also owned the splash. Currently own the spray, so no sense in posting a pic. of the spray. This disappeared for the last few years here in the States. I understand there are a few distributes now, is that correct?

Luckyscent now stocks and sells all Knize products (sorry no aftershaves) as does ParfumsRaffy. But there's a small store somewhere on the East coast of the US that's been selling it for years. I can't find the info anywhere (and I ordered it once) but I recall it being a tailor or something.

Colonial was out of the EDT at Christmas. I bought the last bottle of the K10 AS they had at the time. I was told they were expecting a shipment in the coming weeks so they very well may have it stock now (both EDT and AS).

Top Bottom