What's new

Knize Ten and age

Hello there,

I hope somebody can give me an input to this question:

I finally found my signature scent, it was Knize Ten with my last sample order,
I am just in love and it ticks all boxes for me scent and all around wise.
Now I ordered a full bottle and well, it is not the same scent, close but not the same.

Do fragrances change with time, is it the bottle or something?

Yes and yes :c9:
Bottles can change due:
a) outside effects oxidation/UV/temperature
b) batch variances
c) voluntary or forced reformulations

a) Could happen to partially used bottles and unfavorable storage
b) Could happen due to real small batch/artisan production or variance in natural ingredients
Most probably
c) Regulators ban ingredients for suspected harmfulness nearly constantly or the producer does a change intentionally for whatever reason

Sites like Fragantica will tell you about major changes in the production or exceptionally good/bad batches.

IMG_8629.JPG

Ok, even the color is different, this sucks. So I guess it is a different fragrance they sent me.

View attachment 1280780

Ok, even the color is different, this sucks. So I guess it is a different fragrance they sent me.
I use Knize 10 now for more than 10 years. I’m actually a 15 minutes walk from the tailor store. The bottle on the right has the right color. I have no clue which Knize or other scent the sample is from. Knize 10 is for me leather/musk with a bit of mechanic shop/diesel fumes.

I use Knize 10 now for more than 10 years. I’m actually a 15 minutes walk from the tailor store. The bottle on the right has the right color. I have no clue which Knize or other scent the sample is from. Knize 10 is for me leather/musk with a bit of mechanic shop/diesel fumes.

It is a good scent but the tester just hit the spot.
Do you have any experience with the aftershave?
Could it be that it is the AS since it looks lighter on pics, is it different?

How would you describe your sample?
Have a look at
Knize.de

Never used the Aftershave only the EdT which should have a higher percentage of fragrance oils and is therefore stronger than the AS.

I am really bad in describing scents, but it seems the
full bottle is totally missing one part of the scent.
Look at this pic, the AS looks clearer:

51z-DSx13iL._AC_SX466_.jpg

I wonder if they just sent that, but I do not know if its so different.

In my opinion, there is no discernible difference between the aftershave and the edt. Can you describe the fragrance of your sample?

I am really bad in describing scents, but it seems the
full bottle is totally missing one part of the scent.
Look at this pic, the AS looks clearer:

View attachment 1280785

I wonder if they just sent that, but I do not know if its so different.

I just checked both of my bottles (aftershave & edt), and there is no difference between the two. However, both of my bottles seem to be significantly lighter in hue than your newly purchased edt bottle.

I wouldn’t worry much about the color (that’s probably just batch differentiation). Moreover, it’s certainly possible that your edt will evolve somewhat once the air introduced into the bottle (upon first spraying it) takes effect.

It would help if you could describe the scent of the sample to us.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
My latest bottle is older (2008?), the scent is sublime. As a long-time user I'm afraid to buy another as I've read (on Basenotes) it changed a little and isn't quite as strong. Nothing else like it -- I've sampled the Etro Gomma, too rubbery. I've never gotten a whiff of vintage Caron Tabac Blond but am anticipating that day (or night).

Here's my bottle, it appears a little lighter than it should in this pic, not golden enough.

full

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies.

Well the sample is crystal clear, no color at all, that cannot be right, right?

As i said I am really bad with describing scents but here it goes:
From the full bottle I get some oil and smoke scent, the sample does not have that at all
it has more a really forward smell that I just instantly connect with a man wearing a suit,
refined and sophisticated.
They seem to play in the same area but still pretty different.

Guess that is not much of a help.

Thanks for all the replies.

Well the sample is crystal clear, no color at all, that cannot be right, right?

As i said I am really bad with describing scents but here it goes:
From the full bottle I get some oil and smoke scent, the sample does not have that at all
it has more a really forward smell that I just instantly connect with a man wearing a suit,
refined and sophisticated.
They seem to play in the same area but still pretty different.

Guess that is not much of a help.

Most of us already know what the scent should smell like. Could you try to be more specific about the scent of your sample?

Seems your bottle is the right fragrance and somehow they messed up the sample, decanting in one scent and calling it another. Count your blessings it was the sample they messed up, and not the bottle.

AusLiebeZumDuft

I sent the tester to them now to get an answer, i hope
to find out what it was.

They are a very good company. I would be very surprised if they didn’t take perfect care of you.

In any case, however, I suggest you give the Knize Ten some time. It needs a while (at least 30 minutes) to settle down. It’s a classic to be sure.

Top Bottom