What's new

Knife and Edged Tools Acquisions

I see, there might be a deep carry aftermarket solution @rudygu ?

How about this one?

I may have to get that one and one for my Native 5. Thanks.
The Lynch deep carry clips are fantastic. I use them on my Delica and PM2 and really need to pick one up for ky Tenacious. They’re much better than the standard Spyderco clip.

A360EBE0-BEE8-411D-9CCA-21AF7CE8AA5B.jpeg
Last one for a while. Another excellent flipper from Kizer, the Lätt Vind. This one is a liner lock.

Legion

Staff member
My first Frontflipper - Civivi Crit, Blade and Tools run on the same liner.

View attachment 1590318

View attachment 1590319
Oh, that looks handy. I have a ff Civivi with a similar blade size, but a bottle opener is always welcome.

Just don’t do what I did and drunkenly put a hole in your leg playing with the front flipper, and need to make a late night trip to the emergency room. True story.
50A4CC89-893E-4BE8-BEBA-DD274BAE29A5.jpeg

Oh, that looks handy. I have a ff Civivi with a similar blade size, but a bottle opener is always welcome.

Just don’t do what I did and drunkenly put a hole in your leg playing with the front flipper, and need to make a late night trip to the emergency room. True story.
View attachment 1590479
The one on the blade is not as easy to open as the other. Also on the YT vids people were opening them with their index finger but I can’t do that. I use thumb as you would open a knife with a stud. Not super fast but that is rarely needed in my surroundings.

Will carry it today. It looks like a regular SAK on steroids :)

Legion

Staff member
The one on the blade is not as easy to open as the other. Also on the YT vids people were opening them with their index finger but I can’t do that. I use thumb as you would open a knife with a stud. Not super fast but that is rarely needed in my surroundings.

Will carry it today. It looks like a regular SAK on steroids :)
They take a little more practice than a regular flipper, but after a little while they are just as quick to open. I use my thumb.

I’m still working on the flippers but super fast is actually not really needed. How do you like the hook blade?
Haven’t tried it yet, but, it looks like it could be useful. I would be perfectly happy opening it two handed as far as speed goes. I have other knives for that role. I just got my SAK recently, and, haven’t carried it much. This could definitely be seen as an upgrade.
852A7F94-4CA3-4B0D-B4BC-AF0B51938546.jpeg

It isn't in my hand yet but I just ordered a Moritaka 250mm Gyuto from Chefknivestogo. Aogami Super steel, flatter profile, thin tip, nice assymetrical grinding left to right for food release.

I'm wanting to rotate out my Hiromoto AS 240mm that I got in a group buy here from Dave Martell many years back. It is holding up great but I want to keep her nice. That and I'm tired of using my "retired" Mercers from my culinary school kit.

I'll post pictures when the Moritaka shows up. I'm looking forward to the first time is bites me and makes me bleed so we can bond and be one.

I may have to get that one and one for my Native 5. Thanks.
I don't remember who I got the deep carry titanium clip for my Delica 4 through. It is game changing on how much better it is to carry in a pocket. I lost a couple of Kershaw Leeks because the butt of the knife sticking out of my chef pants pocket would get caught on something and pull out or rip my pocket... I had the problem with the Delica getting caught but it never got pulled out of my pocket but it was annoying so deep carry clip it is! It would be nice if one came standard on most knives or as an option.

It is here!!! The Moritaka AS 250mm. I washed it and cut an onion right away. I can't wait to get to work tomorrow and prep the entire line, 11 wedding tastings and finally the 200 person wedding on Saturday. I was afraid the wa style handle would be too thin but it fits my carpal tunnel/arthritic hands comfortably as it is not skinny and tapers from the butt to the horn.

It has a touch of birds beakind at the tip but it will sharpen out quick. It had no effect on performance at dicing that onion.

It also looks longer than it actually is. I am happy I went with the 250 over the 210.
20230131_161709.jpg

It is here!!! The Moritaka AS 250mm. I washed it and cut an onion right away. I can't wait to get to work tomorrow and prep the entire line, 11 wedding tastings and finally the 200 person wedding on Saturday. I was afraid the wa style handle would be too thin but it fits my carpal tunnel/arthritic hands comfortably as it is not skinny and tapers from the butt to the horn.

It has a touch of birds beakind at the tip but it will sharpen out quick. It had no effect on performance at dicing that onion.

It also looks longer than it actually is. I am happy I went with the 250 over the 210. View attachment 1597985
My dad has a few Moritakis. They are nice knives!

I recently got 4 removable thumbstuds and 2 bars an inch long. They bolt onto the blade and even with a blade that already has a thumbstud on it, they lots of times place the stud too close to the pivot and also the handle. These attach to the spine and extend inwards just a little bit.

That makes them open the blade more easily with better leverage.61tvcKA1E2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg614APdyUg2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Top Bottom