What's new

KMF Moisture Shave Mint: Impressive

I bought some of the KMF Moisture Shave Mint that was on the discontinued shelf the other day. This is the tube, not the pump. Anyhow, this stuff is really good. I am very impressed at the quality and amount of lather produced, not to mention the slickness it provides. I used it on my head and face and was very pleased. I am glad I finally broke down and bought some of this. :thumbup1:

My den presently has Mint, Peach, and Vanilla all purchased at a discount from a health food store. It truly is great stuff!! :thumbup:

How is the vanilla? Is it the typical vanilla, or another creature altogether. I was afraid of the peach being too 'girly' (this comes from a guy who keeps SCS Rose AS on hand :lol:). And have you tried the Key Lime?

Yup - ++1 for KMF...it really cannot be beat.

I stocked up at US$5 per pump-bottle some time ago - it's excellent stuff :thumbup:

How is the vanilla? Is it the typical vanilla, or another creature altogether. I was afraid of the peach being too 'girly' (this comes from a guy who keeps SCS Rose AS on hand :lol:). And have you tried the Key Lime?

Thus far I have tried the Mint, and the Vanilla. The Vanilla is pretty much the smell of vanilla extract used to flavor food. I guess it's the true scent of vanilla, but not anything to make you really go "wow".

I haven't yet tried out the Peach. :tongue_sm

I've tried the Key Lime and the Peaches and Cream.
The lime scent is not very strong. It smells like a synthetic lime but pleasant.
The Peaches and Cream has a stronger scent that lasts a little longer than the Lime. Smells a bit like canned peaches to me. I don't think it's girly.

I've tried the Key Lime and the Peaches and Cream.
The lime scent is not very strong. It smells like a synthetic lime but pleasant.
The Peaches and Cream has a stronger scent that lasts a little longer than the Lime. Smells a bit like canned peaches to me. I don't think it's girly.

Sounds like food.

I have a tube of the unscented, to which I add essential oils to for scent. Depending on my mood it could be lavender, rosewood, patchouli, pine, vetiver, or some combination of these. It's a nice cream at a great price (and local availability!) that gives good shaves.

It's just you... :tongue_sm Maybe you're not adding enough water? I get a nice slick, smooth, creamy, well-structured lather with a small amount of cream and a significant amount of water.

BTW, the Lavender "flavor" is quite nice...I've even pumped mine up by adding a few drops of Lavender essential oil to the bottle. It's even better now!

Is it just me, or does the KMF shave cream have a glue-like consistency when whipped up?

i have noticed something similar once in a while. stringy peaks... it may be not enough water though...

Yep. It gets glue-like on its way to perfection, when it is begging for more water. Happens every time I use it. Doesn't affect the quality of the final lather at all. Just add more water and keep swirling. :thumbup1:

Hmmm... not enough water might be the issue. To be clear though, I'm not complaining. I don't care about the glue like consistency because it works great regardless. Just wondering since I've never had this experience with any other shave cream.

Top Bottom