What's new

Klas Tornblom Eskilstuna

Lately I acquired this Klas Tornblom Eskilstuna.

1659785286374.png

1659785363898.png

It needs some polishing. The geometry of the SR was excellent. After a few hours with sand papers (180-500-1000-1500-2000-2500) and polishing compound I took my shapton 1500 to set the bevel.

1659786058155.png

Than I carry on with Shapton 5K. After some edge observations with the micro I decided to return back to 3K with naniwa. Some 150 passes with naniwa than I move to naniwa 8K. Here I made about 200 passes. The result was impressive. Miror shine polished edge with a full dark view on the micro.

Today I celebrated first use with below setup.

For the ones who are curious; "yes I will continue with naniwa 12k" on my next shave.

The shave was very comfy and smooth. After 2 passes result is BBS.

1659786107378.png

I’ve always liked the look of these blades, very sleek and sporty.
How’d you clean around the pin? My ocd usually kicks in and turns a quick clean up into a total tear down.

The pivot pin was not rusty. So I did not spent to much time to clean it. Simply I wrapped an electrick band that I put a small hole on the electric band (before) and I placed right on top of the pivot pin. And I used ear cleaning stick with metal polishing compound.
The most dirt came out from the inside of the scales (on both pin). Soft teeth brush and dental floss helped me to remove dirt, rust and green moldiness.
I did not dare to remove the pins because the ivory scales was in pristine condition.

You can wrap a coffee stir stick with a small piece of 000 steel wool to remove rust, flush with a squirt bottle of any good cleaner, Simple Green, 409 ect.

The polish with the stir stick with a paper towel wrapped around the end and dab of metal polish, or smash a Qtip with a hammer to flatten and polish.

Or, use a Dremel at slow speed and a 3m Scotch-Brite Radial Bristle Disc, I like the maroon ones 60 grit. You can use them singly or gang them up. They are not expensive, $15 will get you a grit assortment on eBay.

A flex shaft and variable speed give you the most control, they will also clean Jimps like new.

WD40 and paper towel wrapped stir stick will also clean between the scales and remove years of muck. WD40 will not harm Ivory or Celluloid.

3m_polishing_wheels_10.3501photo2__71824.1492722154.jpg

You can wrap a coffee stir stick with a small piece of 000 steel wool to remove rust, flush with a squirt bottle of any good cleaner, Simple Green, 409 ect.

The polish with the stir stick with a paper towel wrapped around the end and dab of metal polish, or smash a Qtip with a hammer to flatten and polish.

Or, use a Dremel at slow speed and a 3m Scotch-Brite Radial Bristle Disc, I like the maroon ones 60 grit. You can use them singly or gang them up. They are not expensive, $15 will get you a grit assortment on eBay.

A flex shaft and variable speed give you the most control, they will also clean Jimps like new.

WD40 and paper towel wrapped stir stick will also clean between the scales and remove years of muck. WD40 will not harm Ivory or Celluloid.

View attachment 1500468
Thank you, I will try

Top Bottom