What's new

Klar

Post on another site reminded me to dig out my Klar Kabinett a few days ago. My, does the soap smell nice and is it ever easy to whip up an incredible lather!

So I got on eBay to see if any Klar Kabinett might be floating around. Didn't find any, but did find this: Shaving Soap Almond Refill Klar Seifenmanufaktur 3.9oz Vegan Heidelberg Germany (for about $34 shipped). Also was a lemon grass and a sandalwood listed. Klar's Classic and the others in tins were also shown, but I had never seen these refills before. Anyone have any idea if these might be Klar Kabinett in a different flavor? Once upon a time I discovered a German shaving forum that might be a good resource for info, but I don't remember what it was.

It's available in shaving shops online. You'll recognize it by the tin.

One of the oldest and reliable german shaving soaps. The puck looks small but it lathers fantastic and lasts long. I immediately get them out of the tin because if I lather it with a large brush the soap runs down the edges because it is filled to the brim. All scents are decent and lasting. The only negative aspect I know is the post shave slickness, newer soap artisans are doing it better.

Can't find it for sale.
I did a quick search. It's still for sale and apparently very common in Germany. Here are a few links to sellers:

I did a quick search. It's still for sale and apparently very common in Germany. Here are a few links to sellers:
Bless you!!

Much appreciated!

And honestly, I am not sure if Klar really rebranded as Dusy AS her in Germany you still can buy Klar soaps. I guess Dusy is something different. Mycroft

And honestly, I am not sure if Klar really rebranded as Dusy AS her in Germany you still can buy Klar soaps. I guess Dusy is something different. Mycroft
No it's the same. There is a rather long thread, with a thorough comparison, about it here at B&B. I've had both.

Sir, here's a thread:

Top Bottom