What's new

Klar Seifen Love?

Just wondering why there isn't more love for Klar Seifen on this forum. I myself had forgotten about it in the back of my soap drawer, but used it this morning and had a phenomenal shave. Decent thickness to the lather and loads of slickness. Would love to hear others thoughts.

I really like it. I have the classic, sandalwood, and sport. All nice scents.

Expensive to get stateside usually, and pucks seem small, but a hard puck, so should last a long time. Tins dent easily too.

I like the performance a lot.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

I have the classic scent. One of my favorite scents and it performs well but I find it can be finicky with the water to soap ratio. I’m probably not loading enough soap

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I have the classic scent. One of my favorite scents and it performs well but I find it can be finicky with the water to soap ratio. I’m probably not loading enough soap
It can be a chore to load generously while in the small tight tin, I moved my puck to a mug.

If you like the scent, the aftershave would make a lovely addition. Another expensive product though -- mine was a Christmas gift. :ouch1:

It can be a chore to load generously while in the small tight tin, I moved my puck to a mug.

If you like the scent, the aftershave would make a lovely addition. Another expensive product though -- mine was a Christmas gift. :ouch1:
I’ll agree with you on that the small tin does make it hard to load. One of my big complaints for both Klar and the 150 gram Cella container. I’m thinking about taking the Klar out of the tin and grating it into a larger container

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I’ll agree with you on that the small tin does make it hard to load. One of my big complaints for both Klar and the 150 gram Cella container. I’m thinking about taking the Klar out of the tin and grating it into a larger container
Before you go and grate it just try it stuck to the bottom of a bowl or mug, the tin inhibited picking up from the top edge and sides. Plus I thought the sharp edge wasn't good for my brushes and I'm not a big fan of grating a nice hard milled puck, but of course YMMV!

Before you go and grate it just try it stuck to the bottom of a bowl or mug, the tin inhibited picking up from the top edge and sides. Plus I thought the sharp edge wasn't good for my brushes and I'm not a big fan of grating a nice hard milled puck, but of course YMMV!
Just need to figure out a way to get it out of the tin. Mine keeps wanting to get stuck in it. Probably right about losing some of the qualities of the triple milling by grating it. Next time I get some I’ll get a refill pick off Ebay

Cost is too much for what you get compared to say, Haslinger. Good soap though, great scent.

B&B front page award thread from 2015: The 2015 Badger & Blade Awards - Shaving Soap - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/the-2015-badger-blade-awards-shaving-soap.477646/

I did not replace that puck as I said I would back then.
Yea I def agree that it's on the pricey side, but i feel like it's on par with MDC. Although my Klars has lasted some time, I only just recently got MDC to do a longevity comparison, which I'm sure will take me some time.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
It is an excellent soap, but it is the same price as MdC within a few cents, it’s just sold at half the weight as MdC.

The agrumes smells almost exactly like MdC agrumes.

Klar Kabinett is a favorite of mine, but I've never tried the Seifen.
Kabinett is in my top 5 soaps and I'm rationing my last bar. Great all around, I feel like Seifen doesn't build a lather as easily but once dialed in is fantastic.

Top Bottom