What's new

Kiwi looking for wet shaving supplies

Kia ora from New Zealand!

I’m a kiwi based in the South looking for shaving supplies. There seems to be very few vendors available making artisan supplies in NZ.

I have previously used Beard & Blade Australia for my supplies. What companies do you reccomend? Shave Shop is over priced!

What soaps, brushes, creams and bowls do you recommend? Any pre or after shave splashes? They are also hard to get to NZ due to alcohol!

I am currently in the market for a new brush and bowl - I’m looking at the Captains Choice copper / obsidian bowl. I’m also considering ordering a scuttle.

Where is the best place in terms of shipping?

What soaps, creams and shaving supplies do you recommend in New Zealand? Have you tried. Cutthroat luxury shaving soap? Anything else?

Thank you!

I get most things from fineshave.co.nz. Mancave also have a fair range.

Have a read of the posts starting here for some other options too:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. There is also The Stray Whisker and OZ Barber to name a couple out here in Australia. In New Zealand I have know idea what shaving outlets there are.

I was a huge fan of Global Soap (out of Nelson) but their recent reformulation is terrible for lathering.

Speick is affordable here, so I use a lot of that (soap, aftershave, deodorant and EdT).

As @JaggardJ mentions, Fine Shave and Man Cave are the two go-to's, otherwise it is offshore outlets that have reasonable shipping, for me that is Connaughts in the UK and Maggards in the US.

Welcome to the fray! :badger:

My preferred AS is Razorock, all of which I got from Fineshave.
What kind of brush are you looking for? Synth, badger etc

I get most of my stuff from Gifts & Care in Spain with the B&B discount code. Shipping is reasonable and the selection is extensive.

I get my stuff from Fineshave. I have yet to look elsewhere for product and probably wont. Cella bio soap is fantastic, Proraso blue cream is good. I'm on the fence about the Proraso white soap and find the PAA Cube 2.0 pre shave brilliant. I use a lathering bowl always, Simpson T2 synthetic brush and Henson medium razor. I've been experimenting with blades and like the Gillette Platinum for sharpness, smoothness and not harsh feeling. Astra platinum isn't quite getting close enough and not really smooth enough for me. Welcome to the forum. I have recently joined, Taranaki based. Cheers

Im no where near you. Other side of the world. But just wanted to welcome you to the group. Ive bought from OZ and shipping wasnt that bad. Maybe its the same in the other direction.

Good luck and enjoy your shaves

Saba was the best NZ soap i tried, passable but unremarkable. Approaching the basic lower levels of the US artisans in terms of performance. Most NZ artisan shaving soap is terrible and barely gets a lather going in my experience. I haven't tried anything else for a few years. Curious to know if that has changed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom