What's new

Kiwi in Australia checking in.

Hi Guys,

Been lurking for a while and thought I would check in.

Have gone from electric to a Super Speed about a month ago, and haven't looked back. Still on supermarket creams and balms, though have a good few years of various blades on their way.

Have a pair of slim's on their way, looking to get them restored, and keen to try a few other of the starter razors like the fat boy, and ranger tech.

My wife originally though I was going a little bit crazy, with my spare time shifting from video games to sourcing second hand razors that were about as old as my father.

Though, a few weeks later, our last conversation on the topic was that she was not interested in the Gold Gillette Lady Starburst, no matter how mint, and wanted me to put in an offer on the 1960's blue model.

Hello and welcome. B&B is a great forum full of friendly, helpful shavers. You will learn a lot here.

I procured what was labelled a Badger Brush, off the shelf at the local chemist. Though it was only about $15. Not sure if that price would mean it's a synthetic blend.

Would I be right that a $30 brush would be twice as good, though unlikely that the $150 brushes I have seen be 10 times as good?

Welcome to B&B!

Brushes vary a lot in quality, but price isn't always a good gauge. You can get some great boar hair brushes for $10-$25, and even good badger brushes for under $35 (Whipped Dog Silvertip is a good beginner brush).

Check out the Brushes forum on this site, and those folks will help you find a good fit based on the type of soap you use (e.g., soap puck, shave stick, cream) and how you lather (face versus bowl), etc.

Hi Guys,

Been lurking for a while and thought I would check in.

Have gone from electric to a Super Speed about a month ago, and haven't looked back. Still on supermarket creams and balms, though have a good few years of various blades on their way.

Have a pair of slim's on their way, looking to get them restored, and keen to try a few other of the starter razors like the fat boy, and ranger tech.

My wife originally though I was going a little bit crazy, with my spare time shifting from video games to sourcing second hand razors that were about as old as my father.

Though, a few weeks later, our last conversation on the topic was that she was not interested in the Gold Gillette Lady Starburst, no matter how mint, and wanted me to put in an offer on the 1960's blue model.
So does your wife wants to shave with a DE or not?

She wants to give it a try, though not sure where to start for soap for ladies shaving, maybe a shea butter soap or something?

I will drop a post into the Soap forum and see what people recommend.

Top Bottom