What's new

Kit for my graduating brother

I've got most of his kit at least purchased and/or shipping. I'll update with a nice photo of the entire kit when it is fully assembled.

I got him a bag that has a top compartment that can hold soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc. There is a couple inch bottom compartment that zips around that will hold all of the major shaving items.

I'm giving him a Gillette black tip super speed from 1951. It's in perfect condition and just looks awesome and shaves awesome.

I got a nice faux leather razor case to keep it protected in the bag and harder to cut yourself if you are rooting through the bag.

For blades, I got him an 80 blade sample pack with 5 each of 14 brands and 10 of one, but am giving him an extra ten each of 7 o clock and feather to give him an even 100 blades. That should be more than plenty to get started. If he feels he wants to just use one brand to work on technique, I'll have him call me with the brand he wants and I'll order him a 100 pack or 30-50 of two, etc. Regardless, he'll have more than enough to start.

I got him a cheap blade bank. It's mainly to reinforce the idea that he needs to be careful with disposal, especially being in a shared dorm bathroom. He's a smart, rational kid but it'll be reinforced.

I got him a Razorock Alum block with case and picked him up a drug store styptic pencil. He's good for any bigger cuts or razor burn. I love love love my alum block.

I'm putting in a container of Razorock pre-barba just to have some preshave for him to try. I'll let him decide if a pre-shave is necessary or not, but the option is there.

For soaps/creams, he's getting a container of Razorock XXX for a soft soap. He's getting a tube of Proraso Red for a cream. He's going to get a puck of Williams to have a hard soap. I will be going in the next couple days to a dollar store to try to pick him up a salsa bowl for lathering. I don't use a bowl but I might pick up one for myself.

I got him the XXX aftershave splash as it'll go nicely with any of the soaps. It's just fantastic.

He's getting a small grooming kit with nail clippers, etc. just to have in the bag. Not sure if he has his own, but he'll need them. Gotta look clean for the ladies.

Lastly, the brush. I got him an Omega 10049. Inexpensive, but will be better than the VDH, etc. that I used for 1 1/2 years to start. If he takes to it and really gets into it, I'll pick him up something nicer or I'll restore something old and cool, etc. The sky's the limit in regards to soaps and brushes, etc. if he takes to this.

While ordering, I picked up a container of Cella for a friend as I'll be in town where he lives and he's wanted to try an almond soap and P.160 isn't available right now. I also got myself a container of Zi'Peppino which I think rounds out all the Razorock soaps I'll need for the next year and a half. Yikes!

The whole kit factoring in items I already had puts me around the $100 mark. He gets a nice variety with some of my favorites thrown in.

I've got most of his kit at least purchased and/or shipping. I'll update with a nice photo of the entire kit when it is fully assembled.

I got him a bag that has a top compartment that can hold soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc. There is a couple inch bottom compartment that zips around that will hold all of the major shaving items.

I'm giving him a Gillette black tip super speed from 1951. It's in perfect condition and just looks awesome and shaves awesome.

I got a nice faux leather razor case to keep it protected in the bag and harder to cut yourself if you are rooting through the bag.

For blades, I got him an 80 blade sample pack with 5 each of 14 brands and 10 of one, but am giving him an extra ten each of 7 o clock and feather to give him an even 100 blades. That should be more than plenty to get started. If he feels he wants to just use one brand to work on technique, I'll have him call me with the brand he wants and I'll order him a 100 pack or 30-50 of two, etc. Regardless, he'll have more than enough to start.

I got him a cheap blade bank. It's mainly to reinforce the idea that he needs to be careful with disposal, especially being in a shared dorm bathroom. He's a smart, rational kid but it'll be reinforced.

I got him a Razorock Alum block with case and picked him up a drug store styptic pencil. He's good for any bigger cuts or razor burn. I love love love my alum block.

I'm putting in a container of Razorock pre-barba just to have some preshave for him to try. I'll let him decide if a pre-shave is necessary or not, but the option is there.

For soaps/creams, he's getting a container of Razorock XXX for a soft soap. He's getting a tube of Proraso Red for a cream. He's going to get a puck of Williams to have a hard soap. I will be going in the next couple days to a dollar store to try to pick him up a salsa bowl for lathering. I don't use a bowl but I might pick up one for myself.

I got him the XXX aftershave splash as it'll go nicely with any of the soaps. It's just fantastic.

He's getting a small grooming kit with nail clippers, etc. just to have in the bag. Not sure if he has his own, but he'll need them. Gotta look clean for the ladies.

Lastly, the brush. I got him an Omega 10049. Inexpensive, but will be better than the VDH, etc. that I used for 1 1/2 years to start. If he takes to it and really gets into it, I'll pick him up something nicer or I'll restore something old and cool, etc. The sky's the limit in regards to soaps and brushes, etc. if he takes to this.

While ordering, I picked up a container of Cella for a friend as I'll be in town where he lives and he's wanted to try an almond soap and P.160 isn't available right now. I also got myself a container of Zi'Peppino which I think rounds out all the Razorock soaps I'll need for the next year and a half. Yikes!

The whole kit factoring in items I already had puts me around the $100 mark. He gets a nice variety with some of my favorites thrown in.

Very nice setup for him. He should be grateful you thought enough to set him up.

I forgot to PM you, but I put together a small blade sampler and they are in the mail to you. Should have them in the next few days. I would have done more, but my blade reserves are starting to run low.

Very nice setup for him. He should be grateful you thought enough to set him up.

I forgot to PM you, but I put together a small blade sampler and they are in the mail to you. Should have them in the next few days. I would have done more, but my blade reserves are starting to run low.

Wow. Thank you very much. That's fantastic! Either he's going to love it or he's just going to look at it and shrug and think it's just some toiletries. Knowing him, I think he'll be excited more later if not right when he gets it.

Wow. Thank you very much. That's fantastic! Either he's going to love it or he's just going to look at it and shrug and think it's just some toiletries. Knowing him, I think he'll be excited more later if not right when he gets it.

Blades i put in: (one Each)

Astra SP
Dorco 301
Crystal
Personna Red
Personna Chrome
GSB
Gillette 7 OClock Black
Rapira
Rapira SS
Rapira Platinum Lux
Vokshod