Kiss My Face Replacement

Discussion in 'Shaving Creams' started by es99, Apr 15, 2019 at 6:27 PM.

Apparently, Kiss My Face (KMF) is not going to be available for the foreseeable future. After a rough few days, I am on the fifth stage of grief--acceptance.

Does anyone know a good replacement? I am not asking for generic cream recommendations. I am looking for something that is (1) relatively inexpensive, (2) incredibly hydrating (note that glycerin is the third ingredient), (3) slick, and (4) cushiony.

Please help!

1. Cremo?

2. +1 Cremo, the slickest cream on the market.

3. Marlowe. After extensive sampling of brushes creams it's the best I've found

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

4. *brushless

5. If you can locate it, perhaps Dove Men + Care Pro-Moisture Hydrate shave cream. Glycerin is second on the ingredient list.

6. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Re Cremo: I tried it when it first hit the shelves years ago. Though I do recall it being very slick, is it still extremely thin? And is it hydrating?

7. When you use KMF, do you use it neat and apply it as a brushless cream or do you add water and whip up a lather?

I prefer the second method. However, my primary use is to add a small amount to hard-to-lather soaps to build a superlather. However, most of my soaps produce a great lather without any help.

I did some checking and found the product to be "unavailable" on several online outlets. However, was do not know if the product is permanently discontinued, or just temporarily suspended. It is still listed on the kissmyface web site.

8. RSC

RSC

You could give Gillette Pure a try. Glycerin is the fourth ingredient, with water the first. It makes a nice thick lather with a brush. It's what I'm using now, and I'm quite satisfied with it.

There are also the Pacific Shaving Co. creams. Their Natural and Caffeinated creams are quite different from each other, so I wouldn't judge one from the other. They're both very good, just very different from each other. Unlike the Caffeinated, the Natural doesn't make a thick long lasting lather, but it has aloe leaf juice as the first ingredient, so you might find it more hydrating. The Caffeinated is straight up spearmint, while the Natural is a harder to describe herbal fragrance.

9. Chaucer

Chaucer Contributor

Nancy Boy (more expensive than KMF was, but I use less of it per shave)
    Speick (thicker than KMF was but easy to get used to and inexpensive)

10. Thanks!! I have actually been meaning to try Nancy Boy for a while so maybe the time has come. Is their website the only place to get it?

I am not a huge fan of the Speick scent, although their stick does give a fantastic lather. Has anyone else tried Marlowe? I have to confess that I do not know anything about it. I also do not know much about Gillette Pure... I was thinking of trying Palmolive again. It has been years since I have used it, but I remember being surprisingly impressed with it at the time.

My preference is to find something that lathers, but can be used easily with or without a brush. I love my brushes, but sometimes they are a luxury I cannot afford in the morning.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019 at 3:38 AM
  11. Yesterday, I went into my local Jewel-Osco store. The had several containers of KMF on the shelf. I did not get one as I do not use it very often.

12. bobmsp

bobmsp Contributor

I believe that shavedash.com sells samples but as far as I know, no one else sells Nancy Boy. They've got a wide range of products to check out as well. I've got some travel-sized containers of aftershave gel that I'm looking forward to trying out.