What's new

Kiss My Face Replacement

Apparently, Kiss My Face (KMF) is not going to be available for the foreseeable future. After a rough few days, I am on the fifth stage of grief--acceptance.

Does anyone know a good replacement? I am not asking for generic cream recommendations. I am looking for something that is (1) relatively inexpensive, (2) incredibly hydrating (note that glycerin is the third ingredient), (3) slick, and (4) cushiony.

Please help!

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Marlowe. After extensive sampling of brushes creams it's the best I've found

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Re Cremo: I tried it when it first hit the shelves years ago. Though I do recall it being very slick, is it still extremely thin? And is it hydrating?

When you use KMF, do you use it neat and apply it as a brushless cream or do you add water and whip up a lather?

I prefer the second method. However, my primary use is to add a small amount to hard-to-lather soaps to build a superlather. However, most of my soaps produce a great lather without any help.

I did some checking and found the product to be "unavailable" on several online outlets. However, was do not know if the product is permanently discontinued, or just temporarily suspended. It is still listed on the kissmyface web site.

You could give Gillette Pure a try. Glycerin is the fourth ingredient, with water the first. It makes a nice thick lather with a brush. It's what I'm using now, and I'm quite satisfied with it.

There are also the Pacific Shaving Co. creams. Their Natural and Caffeinated creams are quite different from each other, so I wouldn't judge one from the other. They're both very good, just very different from each other. Unlike the Caffeinated, the Natural doesn't make a thick long lasting lather, but it has aloe leaf juice as the first ingredient, so you might find it more hydrating. The Caffeinated is straight up spearmint, while the Natural is a harder to describe herbal fragrance.

Nancy Boy (more expensive than KMF was, but I use less of it per shave)
Speick (thicker than KMF was but easy to get used to and inexpensive)

Thanks!! I have actually been meaning to try Nancy Boy for a while so maybe the time has come. Is their website the only place to get it?

I am not a huge fan of the Speick scent, although their stick does give a fantastic lather. Has anyone else tried Marlowe? I have to confess that I do not know anything about it. I also do not know much about Gillette Pure... I was thinking of trying Palmolive again. It has been years since I have used it, but I remember being surprisingly impressed with it at the time.

My preference is to find something that lathers, but can be used easily with or without a brush. I love my brushes, but sometimes they are a luxury I cannot afford in the morning.

Last edited:
Yesterday, I went into my local Jewel-Osco store. The had several containers of KMF on the shelf. I did not get one as I do not use it very often.

Thanks!! I have actually been meaning to try Nancy Boy for a while so maybe the time has come. Is their website the only place to get it?
I believe that shavedash.com sells samples but as far as I know, no one else sells Nancy Boy. They've got a wide range of products to check out as well. I've got some travel-sized containers of aftershave gel that I'm looking forward to trying out.

KMF is excellent - I felt Nancy Boy is below it though and in my experience I felt I needed more product to get a good lather. I use a brush with both. If you didn't use a brush with Nancy Boy - I think you would get even less uses out of the tub. Amazing scent though!

KMF is considerably more watery/liquidy than a lot of pasty creama I have tried including Nancy Boy or St. James. Actually, you may want to look at Trumpers or Art of Shaving- I think it's similar consistency to KMF - although I think KMF is better than Trumpers

If you are near a Trader Joe's, they have a shave cream that is simular to KMF, if I remember what KMF was like.

Alba Botanica also has a shave cream that is similar. The Trader Joe's is a big bargain.

If you are near a Trader Joe's, they have a shave cream that is simular to KMF, if I remember what KMF was like.

Alba Botanica also has a shave cream that is similar. The Trader Joe's is a big bargain.

IMO Trader Joes and Alba Botanica are quite different than KMF. I believe Trader Joes may be made by Alba Botanica. They are non-lathering creams. If you try to apply them using a brush, they just gum up the brush. On the other hand, KMF can be applied with a wet brush and it will generate a lather if you add water. However, it can also be applied using the fingertips to a wet face. Personally, I do not like non-lathering creams, but they may work for you.

IMO Trader Joes and Alba Botanica are quite different than KMF. I believe Trader Joes may be made by Alba Botanica. They are non-lathering creams. If you try to apply them using a brush, they just gum up the brush. On the other hand, KMF can be applied with a wet brush and it will generate a lather if you add water. However, it can also be applied using the fingertips to a wet face. Personally, I do not like non-lathering creams, but they may work for you.

Sorry 'bout that. It's been a while scince i've used any of them and when I did i wasn't using brushes and shaving with carts.

KMF is now impossible to find any where. I did some searching and it seems that KMF was bought by another company. Some of the internet retailers are saying that they are out of stock to do manufacturing issues. One possibility since it seems like they are trying to expand the KMF brand to other products is that they are trying to set up a new line or expand their current one to increase the supply. It was getting rather hard to find well before the company was sold. I would be very disappointed if if was discontinued. I got my Dad and a ex girlfriend hooked on the stuff. Going to try Cremo to see if I like that.

Top Bottom