What's new

Kiss My Face issues

I picked up some KMF Peaches & Creme on the cheap last weekend due to some great reception it receives on here. I tried it for the very first time last night. First, the scent was great and secondly the lather exploded in the bowl and went on my face really well. But that's where things turned.

Now i preface this next part with saying that i was using a Merkur Classic with a Derby on its 3rd and last shave. The blade could be part of my issue, but i dont really think so.

Once the lather was on my freshly showered and completely prepped and wet face and i took my first swipe with the razor it felt like all the moisture from my face was gone. Like the KMF had sucked it all out of my pores and what i was left with was a creamy lather sitting on top of a bone dry face. I'm glad i was using such a mild razor, which i always due with new creams/soaps just in case. I finished the first pass on my upper and proceeded to my neck. My neck experienced the same issue but to a lesser extent. So i rinsed, relathered for a second pass and noticed the same effect again..moisture = gone. Thankfully i was able to complete a 3 pass shave with only 3 weepers on my neck in my usual problem spot as i was scared after the first pass that the results would be traumatic. I actually got a DFS out of it and the witch hazel and pinaud clubman AS helped the weepers and restored the moisture back to my skin. That being said, has anyone else experienced this before? Is there something different that needs to be done differently to lather KMF? Thoughts?

others may correct me if i am wrong but I dont actually think KMF is made for wet shaving it has just been used by a bunch of people to add to shave soap for super lather...

perhaps that is why using it on its own and actually lathering it like a good cream didnt take to well for you.

others should and will comment on my response...

I know it gets a lot of use for superlather, which was another main reason i bought it, but it also gets a lot of praise as a stand alone product.

others may correct me if i am wrong but I dont actually think KMF is made for wet shaving it has just been used by a bunch of people to add to shave soap for super lather...

perhaps that is why using it on its own and actually lathering it like a good cream didnt take to well for you.

others should and will comment on my response...

You are wrong. It is specifically intended for wet shaving. Nothing is made specifically for superlather, which is a B&B concept, not a manufacturers one.

You might want to try adjusting your ratio of water to cream. I use the pump packaged version and I always use a minimum of 3 pumps -quite a lot of cream compared to some. This gives me a good lather with lots of slip and lube.

i'll try to mix it up next time. I used only 1 pump which was equal to what i scoop out from other creams. KMF may need more

I've also had success w/Kiss My Face and my wife uses it all the time. You may want to give it another shot while experimenting with the water and cream ratio like Mikelip suggested. I don't use it often but if I remember it seems like I did use more water than usual. I've also found that what works for someone else doesn't always work for me whether it's soaps, creams, blades or anything else.

You are wrong. It is specifically intended for wet shaving. Nothing is made specifically for superlather, which is a B&B concept, not a manufacturers one.

You might want to try adjusting your ratio of water to cream. I use the pump packaged version and I always use a minimum of 3 pumps -quite a lot of cream compared to some. This gives me a good lather with lots of slip and lube.

Ok ok my bad.

i'll try to mix it up next time. I used only 1 pump which was equal to what i scoop out from other creams. KMF may need more

Definitely needs more. One pumps not nearly enough! :biggrin: 2 or 3 is better. The lather can fool you since it lathers so easily. But that's just not enough cream to do anything but make bubbles with KMF.

I've found that KMF works better when you don't whip it up into an exploding froth of lathery puffiness.

Use a little more product, don't whip it as much, and I've found it to be quite slick and moisturizing.

My GF always uses KMF (unscented).

When I let my shave go for a few days I will use KMF in the shower after a good clense and just let it hang out on the whiskers as a part of my prep. I am always sure to use plenty of water and product while I go about my showering business.

I tried shaving with it but the results for me are just not as good as some of the other creams I use.

It is a great bang for your buck product.

I've found that KMF works better when you don't whip it up into an exploding froth of lathery puffiness.

Use a little more product, don't whip it as much, and I've found it to be quite slick and moisturizing.

i think you're probably on the right track. more product, less time (than normal) in the bowl

KMF works better for me as a brushless cream

Thinner lather, but better shaves

Top Bottom