What's new

KIRK'S Gentle Castile Soap: REVIEW

Thanks.
So I should open the package and let the soap sit in a dry place for a few weeks before using it? Does that solve the problem, or do I have to do this between uses?

I would do that, yes. Or use less hot water and try to use the soap with a cloth so it's not breaking apart against your skin.

THX for that. Honestly, for me life is too short to cure my soap. I think I’ll stick with something less fussy. PdP bath soap is easy to lather, and it moisturizes but rinses off clean. Stirling and Mystic Water soaps are nice too.

After my snarky post, I saw Dr. Bonner Castile soap on special at our local Whole Foods and bought a bar of the lavender version. I’ll let you know how it goes.

So now I’ve used the Dr. Bonner’s for a week in the shower. No complaints so far. It lathers and rinses off easily and has stayed firm. The lavender scent is pleasant and very mild, and for me that’s a plus.
The only reservation is that it may dry my skin (coconut oil). I’ll have to see in another week or so.

Last week I was running low on bar soap and my wife handed me a bar of Kirk's. Somehow it just appeared at our home and she does not recall where from. I had never heard of Kirk's soap before and thought nothing of it. I fell in love with the stuff as soon as I started using it and now for the last 8 or so showers. Wonderful stuff. Came here to B & B and a search turned up this thread.

Now my interest is in the possibility of using it to create a shaving cream? Has anyone tried that? Making your own shaving cream from bar soap?

Now my interest is in the possibility of using it to create a shaving cream? Has anyone tried that? Making your own shaving cream from bar soap?
I have tried it as a shaving soap along with Ivory & Dove + Men. I do not think it outshines actual (bargain) shave soaps like Arko or Cella for the purpose of shaving, but it's not horrible if you moisturize your face after shaving. I did not do anything special though. Just face lathered with the bar of soap and then my brush.

Top Bottom