What's new

Kirkland Canadian Whiskey?

The label is probably the least important part of a bottle of liquor; there is some chicanery in the liquor industry which should be stopped but doubt that it will happen, too many lobbyists with too much money.

I imagine, like most brand name bulk store brands, that the actual source of this will change from time to time. If you're a bit of an aficionado, I might leave it be unless you're just looking for a cheap mixing/daily beverage. If you only enjoy the taste on occassion, I'd probably stick to something you know is always gonna be good. But that's just my $0.02.

I'm a Crown Royal drinker since I upgraded after my early Bourbon Whiskey years.
I've been loving Crown Royal for years.
Costco Canadian Whiskey has really hit the mark going over the top in quality and super price value.
I highly recommend it, and have been drinking it since I found it.
Now that I'm running low, I'm no longer finding it at any Costco's near me. I just called corporate office today and they said nobody in my Chicago area has any. They checked Clearwater Florida where I first found it, and they don't have any either. Looks like they've dropped it which is a real shame!!!
I just tried their new Tennessee Bourbon Whiskey and it's a real disappointment. Much stronger, harsher taste that really bites you, at twice the price. I won't be buying that anymore, and I'll start shopping else where!!!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
If you want the best Canadian Whiskey at a low price point, I suggest Alberta Premium if you can get it. Whiskey writer Jim Murray described it as a "National Treasure", and it is considered bottom shelf stuff where I live.

As often as not, I see that (good) stuff being sold in plastic bottles.

Top Bottom