What's new

King of the Beards 2015 Contest

I have seen this ongoing interest in members and beards.
I have seen small polls.
It is time for a full blown best beard contest.

"King of the Beards 2015"

Rules:
1. Must be a member's photo. Take a photo of your face with your member name written on a piece of paper held next to your face or under it. If it is an old photo, then take a photo of your present face holding the card with your member name on it. This is so we can keep the contest honest.
2. Open to all members.

Prizes:
1. Bragging rights.
2. Feather blades 5x. Personna blades 5x. And a variety of other modern and vintage blades.
3. Arko shave stick.
4. A variety of other shave related items. Possibly an old razor. I will have to dig into the stash, when the wife wakes up.
Ok, wife awoke. I got to thinking. A razor that is needed is one that can mow throughout the toughest facial forest. I decided on a Micro Matic Open Comb razor. So I have one set aside. It is a good example, and I have used it before.

I will not be participating, because my job will not allow a beard, and I will be judging, along with others who want to give their two cents worth.

The contest will go until the end of January, or until people don't care anymore.

LET THE BEARDS BEGIN

Last edited:
Awesome idea. Unfortunately for me my last shave was the end of June and I'm now 6 months in. I am getting to that breaking point where I need to rid myself of the maintenance. I doubt I'll last all of January. Something like this would be a better idea in September when most men start growing their beards. The new year is when I see most beards start disappearing.

Great idea! I am hoping some of the gents in the BL forum spot this, since beards run amok with those guys... OK, yes, I am among those guys, goatee included, but it's not nearly awesome enough to enter for judging. lol

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Oh goodie!

card with my name on it....

$IMG_0439.jpg

old photos of the beard

$IMG_1004.JPG

are you sure?
$IMG_0879.JPG

shall I claim bragging rights now or must I wait until February 1st 2015?

**they uploaded sideways, and i'm not fixing it :tongue_sm

LMAO, Toothpick. Now that's what I'm talking about.

Shave Rat, send them a message. The more, the merrier.

Still laughing.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I really miss my beard. That was a long 6 or 7 months of growing. I felt so attached to it.

I guess there aren't too many willing to show their beards. Sad. I think they are "SCARED".

Best beard doesn't mean thickest. It could be in combination with shape, design, uniqueness, or anything creative, that makes it better.
Sorry, there is no way to make a Joe Dirt beard look better, except to shave it off.

Here's my entry!

$IMG_1113.jpg$IMG_1001.jpg
We had an "Ugly Sweater" contest for our work holiday party this year. I tried to dress up my face sweater as best as possible...can't find the picture where I added jingle bells to the bows.

I'll play. Granted, I don't take selfies typically, but this was taken by my wife yesterday at lunch. Looking to let it grow out a little and haven't trimmed it since right after Christmas. Don't think I'll get to the lengths of others, but may see what a 3-4 month growth will look like.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 164
Top Bottom