What's new

King Gillette Weekend

Easy like Sunday morning, but on a Saturday...

Razor: Gillette Pre-war Tech (satin nickel finish)
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless
Soap: Ariana & Evans Asian Plum
Brush: Rudy Vey Dark Knight Keyhole/Shavemac D01-2 Band
Aftershave: Vintage Avon Leather (amazing stuff)
The Little Hula Girl (trying to coax the sun out today)
IMG_8435.jpeg

20210903_083732.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1938 Senator
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless
Brush: Simpson Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Noir et Vanille
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

845C1B6A-5C91-4DD9-A5F7-769FCA2BD61F.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Travel Tech K3
Blade: Wizamet (2)
Brush: Omega 10066
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

Good morning! Yesterday I received a 1965 Gillette Travel Tech. I can’t get over how small the handle is and I kind of love it. Decided to give it a go today. Started out face lathering MWF. Nice slick lather. Had a very comfortable shave due to the mild nature of the tech and the smoothness of the Wizamet. The biggest problem, which wasn’t really a problem, just something to get used to, was that the tiny handle made it hard to maintain the correct angle, and with the Tech’s narrow window of cutting, I had more than the normal amount of touch ups. But it was still a pleasure to use, and got a good DFS out of the deal. Finished with Clubman.

9/10

E5B92AFF-D7E2-4475-9A20-35698F515F20.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Sept 11th 2021

Razor: Gillette super speed X1- Mfg 1952, nice smooth milder razor but with a wider Kai SS Blade it brings it up a notch to my liking.
Blade: Kai SS (2) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with excellent longevity. Extra wide by 9/1000 of inch, great for milder razors.
Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea, nice unique scent with excellent lather qualities+ one of my favorite soaps.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm "Viper" boar(1st use) excellent lather generator, great split end smooth tips, great scrubber + great lather painter. :001_wub: this color of handle and feel.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:Excellent shave with my Gillette 1952 SS + Kai SS blade.
SOTD,  Sep 11th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Gillette 1949 Milord
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless
Brush: Simpson Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Noir et Vanille
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20210910_082114.jpg

59C54AAD-EAE8-4F53-95F3-7A8C72743EA6.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (4)
Blade: King C Gillette (3)
Brush: Omega Jade Boar
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Aftershave: Stirling Bay Rum

Good morning! Lovely shave on a beautiful Saturday morning. Face lathered MWF with the Omega boar, and then a full 3 pass shave with the Slim. I don’t think I’ve used this razor since I got my Lupo, and I guess I forgot how nice a shaver it is. DFS+ Finished with Stirling Bay Rum (man this stuff burns like hell) and Hyaluronic acid.

9.5/10

Top Bottom