What's new

King Gillette Weekend

A sublime King Gillette weekend shave with this Gen 4 Brit Aristocrat. Just when I thought shaving couldn’t get any better, I tried a Feather with a shallow angle in this mild shaver. It sliced through stubble with a breathlessly smooth, magical efficiency—a morning serenade. Wishing you all equally fantastic shaves.
C8843AE0-A27D-4698-B71C-F1954DC2DCCE.jpeg

Gillette Pre-War Fat Handle Tech
Gillette 7 O'Clock Black SP (7)
Mike's Orange, Cedarwood and Black Pepper
Yaqi 24mm Purple Haze Mew Brown synthetic
Pinaud Clubman Citrus Musk

Gillette Fat Handled Tech (Cap: electro-etched, enamel filled, natural copper patina. Handle/baseplate: KG Gunkote bronze metal flake.) I used a Rubberset #3 loaded with Tabac for face lathering and a Gillette Silver Blue blade. A cheap Chinese steel shaving bowl I sand blasted with my initials fills my shaving corner nicely.
IMG_0155.jpg

Sun 17th Gillette Weekend SOTD
Soap Rasozero Barbacco
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express 2 Band badger
Razor Gillette New LC
Blade Gillette London Bridge 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Alum+ Thayers + Hyaluronic + PAA Cavendish
Good quality lather from the soap except for almost no scent...
Shave with razor paired with the blade was generally good for 3passes for a bbs to dfs result but somehow caused 2 weepers. Alum stopped it. Rating today 9/10
20210117_115650.jpg

The New SC with TiBam handle is as nice a razor as I have ever used (at least tied for first). The balance is perfect and I have always thought the New SC was the best OC I have owned. Very happy about this combo.

Razor: Gillette New SC/TiBam NY
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Midnight Orchid Eagle/Elite Razor Manchurian
Aftershave: Old Spice Original Shulton

IMG_7120.jpeg

Gillette 7 O'Clock Black SP (8)
Pitralon Classic

Gillette 7 O'Clock Black SP (8)
Pitralon Classic
Mike's Natural Soaps is one of the first products I used. I have been working on a tin of Lemon Grass and Eucalyptus for a while now. I like citrus and the formula above sounds great but I can't imagine how cedar and orange mix. Now I have to try it but alas it is currently sold out. On the list.

Today it was:
Gillette contract tech
Gillette PermaSharp (gold pack)
Stirling synthetic brush
Stirling Haverford
Custom scented ASB

Top Bottom