What's new

King Gillette Weekend

Here is my King Gillette shave for this weekend.

proxy.php

Razor: Gillette 1940s Gold Tech handle + Old Type head
Blade: Gillette Rubie Plus
Brush: Supply Silvertip Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Soap Smooth Barbershop
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20200410_095654.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Sat, May2nd 2020

Razor: Gillette New long comb Canadian variant- Mfg in the 1930's - very nice upper mid range razor for those who are interested.
Blade : Gillette silver blue (3)- always enjoy this sharp smooth blade.
Soap: Razorock Irish Countryside- mild scent with excellent lather qualities IMO.
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm with brown whiskers- very enjoyable brush to use with great results.
Pre-shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + followed by a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave : Alum + cold water rinse after 30-60 seconds afterwards when applied.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea men balm.
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum indicated minor irritation + 1 weeper = :a17: I always get a close shave with this Gillette New long comb.

SOTD, Sat May 2nd 2020 (2).jpg

Originally I wanted today to shave with my Kronenberg Supra, but changed my plan due to an online art project where the topic today was ABC.

Gillette ABC basket pattern
Speik shaving cream
Vie Long horse hair brush
l'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme

Attachments

• Gillette-ABC.jpg
    Gillette-ABC.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 10
Today I show what I would typically use in addition to razor, soap, brush and aftershave (Grooming Dept. pre-shave, Gentleman Jon's alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel and not shown Lubriderm lotion with SPF).

Razor: Gillette 1905 Double Ring #243023
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Soap: Taylor of Old Bond Street Avocado
Brush: Rudy Vey Faux Ivory Keyhole with Muhle STF
Aftershave: Palmolive After Shave Lotion​

IMG_5048 2.jpeg

Dan, Thomas - I love the way you do opposite shaves - DR vs Tech - you guys cover all bases, huh? :thumbup:
@Thomas: That Palmolive, you still using the original stuff? Me, I could not bear it, had to ditch it...

Me, for some reason, I tend to do Gillettes on weekdays and others during the weekend. So I can never join your fun :crying:

Yesterday was the Mirabilia and today the Darwin Deluxe. Just sayin’ :302:

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Dan, Thomas - I love the way you do opposite shaves - DR vs Tech - you guys cover all bases, huh? :thumbup:
@Thomas: That Palmolive, you still using the original stuff? Me, I could not bear it, had to ditch it...

Me, for some reason, I tend to do Gillettes on weekdays and others during the weekend. So I can never join your fun :crying:

Peter, for you, the King Gillette weekend extends to the week. We’d enjoy seeing your setups!!

I poured out the Palmolive today! I forgot I had the bottle stashed in a drawer. I thought I would give it a try, but it was way too powdery for me. I will have to find something nice to fill the bottle. Hmmm.

I poured out the Palmolive today! I forgot I had the bottle stashed in a drawer. I thought I would give it a try, but it was way too powdery for me. I will have to find something nice to fill the bottle. Hmmm.

Good call, sir! That stuff was waaaayyy too powdery for me too :lol1: But the bottle is supernice!

Top Bottom