1945-No26-FBT-SOTD-G_2022-10-29.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac Silvertip D01 16/47
Soap: Canada
Razor: 1945 Gillette No 26 Set FBT GT
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Ninja (6)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

A very fine shave. :biggrin:

My new (1945) Gillette No 26 Set FBT GT has just been promoted to top SB favorite, and has taken the Number One position on my SB podium. :w00t:

I got the shave count on my Wee Scot up to 34 yesterday. It's still pretty scritchy. The little butterscotch Shavemac D01 has dreamlike down soft tips with good backbone, so I'll treat myself to this luxury for a while before returning to the Wee Scot let's-kill-the-scritch job.

The reason I've been ignoring my Canada shaving soap lately is due to a couple of things, namely:
  • It's hard to get hold of in the UK. Neither the maker nor Amazon.ca will ship it to the UK. My only luck was with Amazon.com which cost me 48 USD (including shipping) in May this year.
  • Having read through the maker's website (when I was initially trying to get the soap), the owner struck me as a big headed git.
Apart from the above I do have to admit that it's great soap. Also, I should soften my attitude up a bit. I guess the guy is aiming to be helpful to traditional shaving newbies (so he's probably fine and I'm the one with the problem :letterk1:).

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Sun 30 Gillette Weekend
Soap
Ariana & Evans Kaizen
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Gillette Goodwill
Blade Timor Stainless 3rd
Aftershave A&E Kaizen Splash
Gorgeous lather and scent from this soap...further enhanced by the matching splash.
A nice easy and comfortable shave with this razor paired with the blade. 3passes for a bbs finish...
20221030_150622.jpg

Sun 30 Gillette Weekend
Soap
Ariana & Evans Kaizen
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Gillette Goodwill
Blade Timor Stainless 3rd
Aftershave A&E Kaizen Splash
Gorgeous lather and scent from this soap...further enhanced by the matching splash.
A nice easy and comfortable shave with this razor paired with the blade. 3passes for a bbs finish...
View attachment 1548396
Amazing display again! Does the Goodwill behave like a NEW LC to your knowledge? They appear to have a very similar build.

Thanks,

Guido

Amazing display again! Does the Goodwill behave like a NEW LC to your knowledge? They appear to have a very similar build.

Thanks,

Guido
Hey, thanks for asking. For me, the New LC shaves a little smoother compare to this Goodwill. This Goodwill performance is dependent on the blade...hope this helps

Date
365 days of shaving305/304
(100%)
GRUMEOut
OCtober26/31 (84%)
Tabactober15/31 (48%)

Passes3
WXTG(2)Gillette Slide
(NE-SW)

ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Efficiency & Effectiveness
Quality & Comfort
8/10 (~20 minutes)
7/10 (DFS)
5/10 (weepers on the neck and some irritation)
7/10 (harsh)

Razor
Blade
Brush
NEW Flat BottomGillette 7 o'clock black (6)Razorock Plissoft 400
Preshave
Soap & Bowl
Postshave
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Proraso Green
Proraso bowl
Cold splash
Proraso residual lather face wash
Chanel Allure (Balm)

Notes to today’s shave:

Had some issues and challenges to attend to, so I did not post yesterday. The shave was ok and could have been better. This blade is working, but I retired it because the shave felt harsh and I incurred a number of neck weepers and irritation. That is a no in my book for a next run. Everything else performed beautifully.

In terms of technique, the Gillette Slides saved the shave, because I could use the slide to temper the harshness quite a bit. I have seen other gents take the Black to double digits, but maybe this is not the blade for me in that department - because the first couple of shaves were excellent.

Mon 31 Can't resist another shave with the Gillette vintage...🤭🤭
Soap Barrister & Mann Seville
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor Gillette New LC
Blade Eddison Stainless 3rd
Aftershave B&M Seville Splash
Love this soap and matching splash scent...so good! The lather is good too, whip up easily with the nice huge badger brush!
A very good shave with the blade again in this nice vintage razor...so smooth so efficient. 3passes for a bbs finish.
20221031_111243.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1909 ABC Pocket Edition #500, Silver plain case
Blade: Gillette Rubie Plus
Brush: Simpson Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Lone Star
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
20221104_092854.jpg

SOTD
SOTD-BRG-B_2022-11-05.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac Silvertip 2-Band 20/46
Soap: Stirling Unscented
Razor: Gillette Flat Bottom Tech GT
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Ninja (13)
ASL: Chocolate Orange [home brew]

A superb shave. :biggrin:
Day two of my seven day Stirling Unscented trial went without a hitch.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Date
365 days of shaving312/310
(100%)
GRUME06/30 (100%)
NOCvember
06/30 (100%)
Discovery Blade AdventureBolzano 1/3
Timor 0/3
Eddison 0/3

Passes3 and touch up
WXTG (2)Gillette Slide
(NE-SW)
ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Quality & Comfort
8/10 (~20 minutes)
8/10 (DFS+)
10/10 (Clean)
10/10 (Comfortable)

Razor
Blade
Brush
KCG with Lasta Blue handleGerman Bolzano (3)Kox Blue Synthetic
Preshave
Soap & Bowl
Postshave
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Tallow Nr 1
Proraso bowl
Cold splash
Chanel Allure (Balm)

Notes to today’s shave: here

The third shave with the first Bolzano blade and it makes my KCG even milder than it already is.

This soap is amazing! I decreased the amount I used compared to yesterday and it still provided a wonderful rich and thick lather. Thin coat remains even after rising between passes. Excellent glide and I like the subdued scent too - fresh and fruity. Apparently I saved the best for last without knowing it.

6F2520EA-6BA1-410E-8FE6-C87A7CD69F3F.jpeg

Date
365 days of shaving318/316
(100%)
GRUME12/30 (100%)
NOCvember
12/30 (100%)
Discovery Blade AdventureBolzano 1/3
Timor 0/3
Eddison 1/3

Passes2 and touch up
WXTGGillette Slide & Slant
(NE-SW)
ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Quality & Comfort
9/10 (~15 minutes)
8/10 (DFS+)
8/10 (One nick)
8/10 (Comfortable)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Razorine Flatboy
Gillette EFBT
Bolzano (6)
Eddison (5)
DVH Synthetic
Preshave
Soap & Bowl
Postshave
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Lavanda
Proraso bowl
Cold splash
Face wash with residual lather
Nivea Sensitive (Balm)

Notes to today’s shave: here

An ok shave to start the weekend.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, Nov12th 2022

Razor : Gillette slim adjustable, H1- Mfg 1962,1st qtr, well built to last with some care, good adjustable razor and a joy to use!
Blade : Personna red(3) sharp & smooth with great longevity.
Soap : Razorock "The Dead Sea", very unique bright scent with excellent lather qualities. The Scent is addictive to me over the years of use.
Brush : Yaqi "Atlantis" 24mm synthetic, Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG(setting7) + ATG (7)+ pickups(8).
Post shave : Razorock "The Dead Sea" with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Gillette Slim with a Personna red blade.

SOTD November 12 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom