What's new

King Gillette Weekend

Sun 25 Gillette Weekend SOTD
Soap PAA Cavendish
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + PAA Cavendish
My undisputed number 1 shave soap! Super aromatic sweet pipe scent...good strength too. The lather was very creamy and slick too...awesome!
The shave with razor paired with the blade was very good. Previous initial use with this blade was not so good but this time it was crisply sharp, very smooth, and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs finish. Superb aftershaves especially with the matching Cavendish.
20210425_121436.jpg

Sat 1st Gillette Weekend SOTD
Soap CBL Roasted Oatmeal Stout
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Gillette British RFB
Blade Gillette Silver Blue 3rd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
A nice delicious scent from the soap throughout the shave. The lather has good enough creamy and slick qualities...
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good enough for 3passes without any issues. Mostly smooth and comfortable until the atg pass around the lips area. Managed a between bbs to dfs result. Excellent aftershaves.
20210501_001726.jpg
20210501_100453.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Sat, May1st 2021

Razor: Gillette old type with a tech fat handle, Mfg 1920's, This razor always humbles myself because the previous owner's did not have much because the handle was held squeezing the connection on a round ball handle with paper jammed in there to help give the operator some hope of a shave. As can been seen used a lot and yet the bottom is like new. Bought in a _bay razor lot.
Blade: Gillette Astra SS (2) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap: Razorock Lavender :001_wub: nice bold lavender scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Chianti's 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips + gentle scrub + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my Gillette old type with a Astra SS blade.
DE SOTD, May1st 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

PSX_20201127_080459.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1963 I2 Slim Adjustable
Blade: Gillette Rubie Plus
Brush: Simpson Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Monarch
Aftershave: Maurer and Wirtz 4711
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

94C9967D-E069-42C9-8D2B-EC85ACF4CEDD.jpeg

5E72ABD9-109B-4053-A614-59412853E8A4.jpeg

I picked up this long-comb New for 5 bucks in a local thrift, polished it up, and have been shaving with it all week. I have to say, none of my other razors can get as good of a job in the area under the jawline, but then if you ride the cap it shaves as comfortable as a Tech. 5’th shave with a Gillette Silver Blue, decided to retire the blade with a full Italian Job - Omega boar & the complete Proraso lineup. Everyone should try one of these, nice restorable ones easy to find and reasonably cheap.

1948 British Aristocrat Gen 3. Took over 6 months and some help from B&B to find a set I was happy with.

At last I was able to shave with it—today with a Feather blade and my usual weekend friends from Kent and Tabac. My A-game was required as this thing is a beast.

It has the largest blade gap of any non-adjustable Gillette I’ve tried, and the extra weight really dials it up. To me, it’s probably close to Fatboy on 8-9, or WR2 1.25 with more blade feel.

IMG_6943-2_1.jpg

1948 British Aristocrat Gen 3. Took over 6 months and some help from B&B to find a set I was happy with.

At last I was able to shave with it—today with a Feather blade and my usual weekend friends from Kent and Tabac. My A-game was required as this thing is a beast.

It has the largest blade gap of any non-adjustable Gillette I’ve tried, and the extra weight really dials it up. To me, it’s probably close to Fatboy on 8-9, or WR2 1.25 with more blade feel.

View attachment 1260960

Wow Doug, I don’t find the 3rd gen that aggressive. I do have to use a milder blade (Personna) than my usual Feathers, but then I find it very nice and smooth - I‘d say probably around 5-6 on a Slim? But then again YMMV - I’m happy that you finally got one :punk:

Wow Doug, I don’t find the 3rd gen that aggressive. I do have to use a milder blade (Personna) than my usual Feathers, but then I find it very nice and smooth - I‘d say probably around 5-6 on a Slim? But then again YMMV - I’m happy that you finally got one :punk:
It could be my Fatboy is extra mild or is milder than Slims. Either way, it sounds like an excuse to buy more razors--to get a better sample size! I'll keep shaving with those two to see if I can hone my opinion. Shave on, friends!

Top Bottom