Soap: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Best
Aftershave: Vintage Avon Wild Country
The Little Hula Girl​

IMG_7485.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Sat, Mar27th 2021

Razor: Gillette SS (Rocket version)X1-MFG 1952 1st qtr, mild razor, nice razor with a Kai SS blade. Carefree shave this morning.
Blade: Kai SS (1) Excellent blade,Sharp & smooth with great longevity. Wider than a standard Gillette for greater blade exposure.
Soap: Ogallala bayrum & sandal wood, nice mild scent with great lather qualities, excellent post shave feel.
Brush: Omega boar brush- One of my first brushes when experimenting with wet shaving(4yrs ago), funk smell at first and totally tortured that brush to get rid of the animal smell, did everything wrong to break in a boar brush properly. All I can say is it is well made and a good brush when broken in. Bought a new one recently and will try the proper method when breaking a boar in when it arrives!:001_smile Boar brushes should always be pre-soaked 2 min> for those who are new to wet shaving.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Witch hazel + Ogallala Bayrum + sandal wood + a tiny dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my Gillette 1952 SS + a Kai SS blade.

DE SOTD, Sat,Mar 27th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Sun 28th Gillette Weekend SOTD
Cream Saponificio Bignoli Black Berry & Moss
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor Gillette Single Ring
Blade Gillette Nacet Stainless 3rd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Really like the wonderful light scent from the cream. The lather is very nice too...thickly creamy and slick...
Shave with my oldest razor paired with the blade was good. As smooth as can be and comfortable for 3passes for between bbs to dfs result. This razor requires some fiddling for proper blade alignment but it's worth it. Rating 9.8/10!
20210328_140557.jpg

20201113_084513.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1957 C2 Red Tip Super Speed
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Brush: Simpson Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Monarch
Aftershave: Maurer and Wirtz 4711
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Sun 4th Gillete Weekend SOTD
Soap Stirling Orange Chill
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Asco Super Stainless 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + TGS Orange Empire
Very nice lather as usual from the soap. Fizzy orangy and cooling...thickly creamy and slick, awesome!
Shave with razor paired with the blade was smooth, comfortable, and efficient enough after 3passes for a mostly bbs finish. 1 micro red spot though. Super cool aftershaves...rating 9.7/10
20210404_103852.jpg

Top Bottom