Brush: Simpson's Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Monarch
Aftershave: Gillette Series Cool Wave
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Sun 14th Gillette Weekend SOTD
Soap B&M The Full Measure of Man - New 1st Use.
Brush
Yaqi 26mm Moka Express 2 Band Badger
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Gillette London Bridge 4th use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + B&M The Full Measure of Man Balm
Much anticipated soap. Received it a few days ago and the initial sniff from the tub was quite a mild scent and unique...very unique...is it cigar, is it tobacco, something else?...hmmm. Today during the lathering, the scent was stronger but I would say only up to mild. I am liking the scent as time goes by...hahaha. Sorta sweet, leathery cigarish...
Took a while before it becomes nicely creamy...have to add in quite some water. The slickness is really good. Overall, I am liking this soap and "may" fall in love later...this is definitely not a love-at-first smell...😅
Shave with razor paired with the blade was a perfect combination! Crisply smooth and comfortable for 3passes even during the atg pass on the chin & lips area without any issues for a mostly BBS finish.
The balm scent is definitely much stronger and I quite like it. Sweet but masculine, leathery, and cigarish. Even my wife says so and my neighbor (don't know anything about shaving soap) says the same. Initially abit sticky on the face but it was alright after 10mins. Nice, soft, and moist feel and I am in the tropics with outside temperature 32C. I went out in the sun and to lunch at a restaurant and it feels great. The aromatic cigarish scent remains 4-5hours later...nice!! Rating 10/10!
20210314_122906.jpg

13-14 March 2021

sotd14032021.jpg

13th KCG
14th Gillette Rocket

Proraso red, Extro Sandalwood asl, Simpsons Duke 1 best and Wilkinson Sword blade, were constants this weekend.

Rocket is a little more smoother and efficient at the same time. Though I have to admit that the KCG is a very enjoyable razor..

Last edited:
Sat 20th Gillette Weekend SOTD
Soap LaToja Stick
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Gillette Red Tip A3
Blade SilverStar 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Cella Milano
Excellent quality soap. Rich, creamy, and slick with a mild pleasant scent.
Shave with razor paired with the blade with a shim was very good. Smooth and comfortable for 3passes for a mostly bbs to dfs result with 2 micro red spots. Rating 9.5/10
20210320_095417.jpg

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Razor: Gillette 1947 Aristocrat Gold
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue

Aftershave: Gillette Series Cool Wave

20210319_084044.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1956 B4 Blue Tip Super Speed
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Aftershave: Maurer and Wirtz 4711
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Sun 21 Gillette Weekend SOTD
Soap Stirling SandPiper
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Gillette British RFB
Blade Tatra Platinum 2nd use
Post & Aftershave Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
A wonderful consistent scent from the soap...somehow abit stronger compare to 1st use. Good quality too...really love this scent!
Shave with favorite vintage OC razor paired with the blade was perfect! Easy, smooth, comfortable, and efficient in 3passes for a mostly BBS result without issues. This and the New SC is my fav OC vintage. Satisfying aftershaves on an oven-hot day.
Rating 10/10!!
20210320_221633.jpg

20210321_111245.jpg

My last two shaves have been a showdown between my 1960 Fatboy and my 1973 SA

Each started with a fresh GSB.

First shave was Fatboy on right and SA on the left. Second shave (this AM) was SA on the right and Fatboy on the left.

The handles, weight, and balance are SLIGHTLY different but the shaves were very very similar. The Fatboy seemed every SO slightly smoother on the right side but so did the SA when it was on the right so I'm assuming that's down to technique with my dominant hand/side.

I like both handles - neither is "better" in my opinion, just different. I like the weight and thickness of the Fatboy - and it rests on my pinky. I like the balance of the SA and my pinky rests on it.

Only because I was comparing so closely, yes, the SA gets under the nose a hair easier.

The Fatboy final 1/4 turn is a little smoother but I think I just need to soak the SA and maybe add a drop of mineral oil

Was mainly trying the side by side to convince myself to sell the Fatboy.

I paid three times as much as I've ever paid for a razor for my incoming rhodium Executive set and the wife wants me to offset.

I got the SA for next to nothing because I bought it in a lot, cleaned up the other stuff and sold it so I think I have like $15 in it.

And the Fatboy doesn't fit well in my Gillette display because it wants to tip out when the door opens so I'm sticking with the SA and selling the Fatboy. I can now say I owned one at least.

Top Bottom