What's new

King Gillette Weekend

By they way, that is a sweet looking set up you have today.

Thanks! When I found the Super Speed at the flea market last week it had almost as much green as brass and much more of either than nickle left. After I got the green off it was a bit too shiny for my taste so I added a little patina back to it. I'm liking the "nude" look.

Sun is shining brightly here in St. Louis, MO USA. A nice weekend ahead.

Today was the first time using this razor which arrived to me earlier this week from Korea. It shaves as beautifully as it looks.

Gillette NEW Criterion Deluxe Chromium
Gillette Nacet
Martin de Candre Agrumes
Rudy Vey Faux Ivory Persian Jar with Shavemac Finest Fan
Stirling Sandpiper Aftershave

View attachment 1033395

Gorgeous, Thomas, simply gorgeous!

Lots of sun here in St. Louis, MO USA. Hoping the same for you wherever you may be.

Gillette New Short Comb
Gillette Silver Blue
Grooming Dept. Mallard Rose Chai
Ever Ready 200 with Manchurian Fan
Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails

IMG_3947.jpg

Gillette Pre War Tech, Delta Echo "Cubano" edition... Xmas gift from my wife a few yrs ago
Voskhod (2)
D R Harris Almond
Simpsons Eagle 3 Super in Jade....see above^
Alt Innsbruck

Well, darkness is already here in Denmark, after a full day of rain...

Still, couldnt be depressed after this morning’s magnificent high-end shave:

1938 Gillette Aristocrat #15
Shavemac 2-band Silvertip
Fitjar Islands Melderskin
Homebrew blue splash

The Fitjar Islands brand is a boutique brand made in a small old foundry on the rocky Norwegian coast and have some totally unique scents using Nordic herbs. And very very cool story telling marketing around it. This Melderskin arrived yesterday, a limited time offer cream, very soft, with an absolutely wonderful scent of pine and an undertone and cool feel of menthol. Love it!

8E4BD64E-DA4E-4315-BCD9-ED28602842B2.jpeg

Last edited:
Razor: Gillette 1952 X1 Black Tip Super Speed
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Ocean Tortoise Shell Pure Bristle
Pre-Shave: Neutrogena Shave Cream
Lather: Dr. Jon's Black Label
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

A beautiful sunrise here on Oahu.

Well, darkness is already here in Denmark, after a full day of rain...

Still, couldnt be depressed after this morning’s magnificent high-end shave:

1938 Gillette Aristocrat #15
Shavemac 2-band Silvertip
Fitjar Islands Melderskin
Homebrew blue splash

The Fitjar Islands brand is a boutique brand made in a small old foundry on the rocky Norwegian coast and have some totally unique scents using Nordic herbs. And very very cool story telling marketing around it. This Melderskin arrived yesterday, a limited time offer cream, very soft, with an absolutely wonderful scent of pine and an undertone and cool feel of menthol. Love it!

View attachment 1035450

Thank you so much for the tip of Fitjar Island!
Will definitely order the limited edition, and probably one more. Looks absolutely gorgeous.
And feels good to support our Scandinavian brothers :)

1954 Canadian Fat Handle
Zorrick Blade
Omega Boar brush
Proraso White tub
Nivea AS balm

Zorrick blade (sampler pack) pulled a little at the start...but no irritation. I am getting to the point where as long as I dont get irritation I am happy. I take my time anyway so mowing it all down in 1 pass isn't a concern of mine.

One never knows from where the King Gillette Weekend inspiration may come.

Gillette #15 Made in England Aristocrat
Gillette Nacet
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Rudy Vey White Zebra Tulip with TGN Finest
Old Spice Original Aftershave (Mumbai, India)

IMG_3957 2.jpeg

I greatly admire your razor collection Sir.
Funny thing is, I am down to ten razors. A mix of old and new that took me a year to find what I really enjoy. It's hard letting some go, but I am trying very hard to NOT be a collector.

Thanks for the kind note!

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Funny thing is, I am down to ten razors. A mix of old and new that took me a year to find what I really enjoy. It's hard letting some go, but I am trying very hard to NOT be a collector.

Thanks for the kind note!
Down to 10!! I’m proud of you, Tom.

Got on Thursday my Single Ring after it hung nearly three weeks in customs. Today I had a really great shave with it. I believe I like the Old Type better, but there is not much difference. For this ASP blade it was shave number 7 and there was still no tucking ATG. Perhaps blades last longer with better technique. Tried today also the ToOBS shaving cream, which I bought in Brussels. It lathers well, but I prefer the Speik blue/red shaving cream. Today I also got adventurous with the after-shave. I bought ages ago from Harry Lehmann Berlin a pure cologne water. 86% alcohol. It has a nice fresh smell which evaporates rather quickly.

single_ring_shave.jpg

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Saturdays are for marriages. Today, my Bulldog married a Bear (Nantahala). My Graydog synthetic brush and Feather were groomsmen. The best man? Kurt Cobain (Nirvana).

1DBEC240-CBF4-4848-AD3F-DE41B261AF25.jpeg

Thin Cap Old Type on Wade and Butcher handle
Med Prep #2
L'Occitane Cade
Plisson Black Badger
L'Occitane Cade Pour Homme EDT

Got on Thursday my Single Ring after it hung nearly three weeks in customs. Today I had a really great shave with it. I believe I like the Old Type better, but there is not much difference. For this ASP blade it was shave number 7 and there was still no tucking ATG. Perhaps blades last longer with better technique. Tried today also the ToOBS shaving cream, which I bought in Brussels. It lathers well, but I prefer the Speik blue/red shaving cream. Today I also got adventurous with the after-shave. I bought ages ago from Harry Lehmann Berlin a pure cologne water. 86% alcohol. It has a nice fresh smell which evaporates rather quickly.

View attachment 1037449
Great looking razor!

Razor: Gillette Heritage
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless
Brush: Ocean Tortoise Shell Pure Bristle
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Dr. Jon's Black Label
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

20191122_200205.jpg