What's new

King C Gillette safety razor deal!!!

Oops I put this in the blades forum!!!
Probably belongs in the razor forum, but you can use this deal for blades only too I guess.

Well I was at Walgreens to get enveloped for my newbie blade PIF and stopped by the shaving section.
They had a nice display with the King C Gillette products.
And I noticed the sale signs on them.
10,000 points ($10) for every $20 you spend on the King products
Quick but of math and got razor (29.xx) and 2 packs of 10 blades (5.99 ea= $12) put me at just over $40. So that's 20,000 ($20) in points.
Net cost was $20 for the razor (with 5 blades) and the 2 packs (20 total) blades!!!
Not bad.
I was thinking of getting this razor anyway after getting that limited Gillette 3 piece in the case a while ago.
All in all not a bad deal.
Not sure if this deal is regional, but check out your Walgreen if you're interested to see!!!

Now that I think about it though, I should have just gotten 2 razors ($60) and gotten 30,000 points for a net cost of $30 and given one to a co-worker that's interested.

Just to clarify you don't get the money off right away. The points are for later purchases but I go there quite a bit so to me, the net cost is as I said.

Not a bad deal and wanted to try the blades anyway also.
:)
hc_1600773009074.jpg

Last edited:
I took advantage of the same deal myself. The sale in the King C products varies monthly, I believe. The most I’ve seen is the 10,000 points/$20 spent

Not sure if this deal is regional, but check out your Walgreen if you're interested to see!!!
In some supermarkets in the UK the are selling them a little cheaper than that. THe razor is retailing at £13 which is about $16.50. Also good deals available from Gillette UK online. They are certainly pushing the product now in many stores; also in conjunction with the other King C Gillette products.
The blades are very good and possibly Gillette Platinum in a different livery.

In some supermarkets in the UK the are selling them a little cheaper than that. THe razor is retailing at £13 which is about $16.50. Also good deals available from Gillette UK online. They are certainly pushing the product now in many stores; also in conjunction with the other King C Gillette products.
The blades are very good and possibly Gillette Platinum in a different livery.
I think our prices are high here because there's always a deal. When they tell you it's $30, but there's a sale making it $20 then you think you're getting a deal.
Or in our case here right now if you buy 2, they're only $15 each after the reward points.

Is this deal with the razor blades to I was thinking about picking some up I've been using in my king c gillette also my merkur 1904 oc that shave well

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Is this deal with the razor blades to I was thinking about picking some up I've been using in my king c gillette also my merkur 1904 oc that shave well

As far as I know the points thing ends today.
If you get razor (29.99) and 2 sets of 10 blades (5.99 each=12) then total comes to 42. You get $20 in points on your card.
Total cost $22 for razor and 20 extra blades on top of the 5 you get in the razor box

As far as I know the points thing ends today.
If you get razor (29.99) and 2 sets of 10 blades (5.99 each=12) then total comes to 42. You get $20 in points on your card.
Total cost $22 for razor and 20 extra blades on top of the 5 you get in the razor box
Tempting but I don't know if I want another one of these I mean a backup cap and base plate would be nice got a razorock raido knob on mine right now lot better then original handle that came with does this maybe work online?

Tempting but I don't know if I want another one of these I mean a backup cap and base plate would be nice got a razorock raido knob on mine right now lot better then original handle that came with does this maybe work online?

That I don't know. To my knowledge today was last day for deal. But I think it's an in store thing

I picked one up on a whim the week before last and was surprised at how good both the razor and blades are. The quality of the chrome was outstanding, at least as good as Muhle, and the two shaves I’ve had with it struck an almost perfect balance between efficient and smooth.

It’s a relatively heavy razor and the handle is longer than my preference, but I’m not all that particular on these issues. The grip isn’t as bad as it looks, though a little more texture would be welcome.

I just gifted mine to my son as it’s a significant upgrade to the Weishi he’s been using.

Looking forward to trying the blades in some other razors.

Looks like a deal on this razor can still be had!! Fearing that I missed out, I did some research, and Walgreens had an online $5 clip coupon (good until 11/15) on this razor. I clipped the coupon to my key tag, found which Walgreens in my area had one in stock, and bought it on my way in to work this morning for $24.99 ($29.99 - $5 coupon).

How is the razor and blades?
1st shave this morning, and I think the razor and blades are a very good pairing. The razor is a mild shaver (similar to Merkur 3-piece closed comb or Gillette Slim on 3 or 4) and the blades are a good combination of sharp and smooth. I ended with a 2-pass, some touch up, DFS+ shave with no irritation. I have the Gillette Heritage (received as a Christmas gift last year), and this new razor is definitely milder than the Heritage. Very comfortable shave.

The handle that comes with the razor is long and very heavy. I prefer long handles (the Merkur 20C and Gillette Slim are a couple of mainstays in my rotation). The razor head fits many other handles if you wanted to try different pairings with the KCG razor head.

Top Bottom