What's new

King C Gillette DE just arrived for birthday gift! (thanks wifey)

IMG_20200724_164329.jpg

There's no reason for this to be a bloodbath. It's a safety razor, after all. Don't use pressure, like you would with the cart and you'll be perfectly fine.

tomorrow first shave. i am a bit scared since i'm a totally newbie. Expect a bloodbath unless i have beginner's luck.

The blades are terrific and smooth, that is step 1. Step 2 watch some videos. Step 3 don’t try to have a BBS shave for your first. Step 4 let the weight do the work, light touch.

You’ll be fine.

tomorrow first shave. i am a bit scared since i'm a totally newbie. Expect a bloodbath unless i have beginner's luck.

You'll do great, especially if not nervous! Focus on no pressure, but know even if you do use a bit too much pressure on accident, it probably won't slice you open. Be extra careful and use short strokes on the curves of your chin.

Maybe try only one pass at first, and maybe don't go against the grain for at least a few tries (although I'm sure some would say that's fine).

Read and listen to the advice on here- I ignored a lot of it for too long and suffered because of it.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Your wife loves you very much.:a0:

No need to be overly nervous, just relax and focus when using new things.

Remember the first time I used de razor, and I didn’t think it was more dangerous than cartridge razor.

ok, first shave done.
Some considerations
First of all incredibly i managed to not even nicked myself. I did the usual three passes i do with whatever razor i use (WTG/XTG/ATG). I was very cautious at the beginning then i discovered the razor is mild and very permissive. But i also noticed the blade almost doesn't cut at all, even when i put it back to dry. Either it's a faulty blade or maybe Gillette did it on purpose, who knows (i will test with a serious blade, an astra or feather). That said, i got a surprising (for me being a novice) DFS on my neck but missed some spots on my cheeks (obviously faulty technique). Overall satisfied but more importantly it's not definitely rocket science even if you didn't use a DE before. Very encouraging the fact i didn't develop theusual redness at the sides of my neck. I will try to improve over time with your help.
PS i forgot..i used the usual yellow proraso canned foam.Will try with my old omega brush and a figaro soap tomorrowIMG_20200725_085946.jpg

Practice your blade angle. I effortlessly achieved BBS with mine and wondered if I’d ever go back to Feather, as it was so forgiving. Everyone’s beard is different though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you use the same king c razor? With the included blade? Head looks identical to de89. And since edwin jagger is a trusted partner of P&G...

today second shave. Better than the first because i used an omega brush and soap. Not yet bbs but improving. Very oddily i still get almost bbs on my neck and still not on my cheeks. And i confirm these default blades don't really cut.

Top Bottom