What's new

King c Gillette de blades

That makes sensse. It was also a joint venture and 35% of the company was funded by a Russian group having close links with St Petersburg. Labour costs are low there so it is not unusual for a large plant {maximum capacity 860 million blades per year} to be located where real estate was also cheaper than other locations. Would not surprise me if there were a few state sweeteners offered too.
The location may be Russian but the blade technology is from P&G. They make good P&G blades there and lots of them.
Agree. Every time I hear someone make a blanket statement about how Russia makes the best blades Im like, "mmmmm, do they though?"

I personally prefer the older Gillette blades - the English Super Silver being my favourite. The French made blades are also excellent. I'm not too fussed for the generic PPI blades (whatever print they are)

If it says russia then it's more than likely a rebadged platinum.

View attachment 1107850

I tried the KCG blade today and really like it a lot. Very smooth. I found this thread to see if anyone figured out what they actually were and your post makes sense. I might order some Gillette Platinums to see. I just mentioned on another thread that these feel like circa 1970s Platinum Plus blades to me. If others feel the same about GPs, I think you are correct.

It is one of the PPI blades with different branding. I would think if they are targeting sales in North America they would rebrand the most popular blade sold in that region. It would be great to see someone do a shave comparison with that blade and Gillette Silver Blue or Gillette Platinum.
I'm currently doing a run down here in the blade forum of the current offerings from Gillette. Didn't know the King line had branded blades too. Might have to pick some up to include in my analysis to put up against other PPI blades!

Any chance that these are rebranded Astra SPs? I bought the new King C. Gillette razor this week but havent tried it yet. It came with a pack of 5 blades.

Any chance that these are rebranded Astra SPs? I bought the new King C. Gillette razor this week but havent tried it yet. It came with a pack of 5 blades.
I don’t think so. I don’t have the best of shaves with the Astra SP yet the King C did me well. Could be all in my head but isn’t everything? My $.02

I don’t think so. I don’t have the best of shaves with the Astra SP yet the King C did me well. Could be all in my head but isn’t everything? My $.02
I have only used Astra SPs so if I find the new Gillettes better it would be great to know how to get them for less since they are 60 cents per blade, but Walgreens has a $2 off coupon good until August 1 that brings it down to 40 cents, but my Astras were 10 cents last time I bought them. But I would have to try the new Gillette blades in my Merkur 33 and the Astras in my new Gillette razor, and do longevity tests and everything to make a decision. Lol.

I have only used Astra SPs so if I find the new Gillettes better it would be great to know how to get them for less since they are 60 cents per blade, but Walgreens has a $2 off coupon good until August 1 that brings it down to 40 cents, but my Astras were 10 cents last time I bought them. But I would have to try the new Gillette blades in my Merkur 33 and the Astras in my new Gillette razor, and do longevity tests and everything to make a decision. Lol.
I don’t think of cost toooo much. I’m not buying Personna 74s but anything less than $20 per 100 is all good. Well and I have enough as it is. I also don’t experiment with or test for longevity.
Sooooo after all that. I’m not even sure what coating(s) are on the new Gillette King blades. It’s not totally clear. I’d venture to guess it is a rebranded blade already in production but what one??? A place that already has laser printing I’d bet.

I don’t think of cost toooo much. I’m not buying Personna 74s but anything less than $20 per 100 is all good. Well and I have enough as it is. I also don’t experiment with or test for longevity.
Sooooo after all that. I’m not even sure what coating(s) are on the new Gillette King blades. It’s not totally clear. I’d venture to guess it is a rebranded blade already in production but what one??? A place that already has laser printing I’d bet.
I usually toss an Astra SP after 7 shaves regardless. No issues but why stretch out a 10 cent blade?
I opened the razor box but not the blade box that came with it. On the back of the razor box it says the blades are platinum coated. Doesnt say Supreme Platinum though, lol.

I usually toss an Astra SP after 7 shaves regardless. No issues but why stretch out a 10 cent blade?
I opened the razor box but not the blade box that came with it. On the back of the razor box it says the blades are platinum coated. Doesnt say Supreme Platinum though, lol.
Ok good to know. I do best with Chrome and stainless. Platinum, Teflon, and titanium I get good shaves just not great. Then the other coatings like plastic and mixed get last for me.
PolSilver are in a league of their own.

So where does Gillette make a Platinum blade that has laser printing on it already?

A pic:

Attachments

• A4E34FDC-B0D8-4457-91A0-6F1846C1C0DF.jpeg
    A4E34FDC-B0D8-4457-91A0-6F1846C1C0DF.jpeg
    272.7 KB · Views: 36
I actually had an Astra SP in my Super 84 before putting in the KCG. I don’t think it is that blade. I liked the Astra just fine and it is smooth but the KCG is a little smoother.

Blade kinda reminds me of gillette platinum plus Brazil blades I still have some I wished I could get locally still smooth and lasting blade I've got maybe 28 shaves off a blade in my merkur 38c before

Anyone else having problems with these blades rusting? Even with dunking the razor in alcohol after my shave, I'm still getting some rust buildup by the 3rd shave.
It's not a huge deal as I always use a blade 3 times and pitch it but it's interesting. They're still great blades, imo.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Anyone else having problems with these blades rusting? Even with dunking the razor in alcohol after my shave, I'm still getting some rust buildup by the 3rd shave.
It's not a huge deal as I always use a blade 3 times and pitch it but it's interesting. They're still great blades, imo.

That is interesting, mine is on my fourth use and no tea stains yet. I also remove my blades, pat dry and put them back in the razor after use so that could be the difference. Alcohol though, should prevent that. What you are describing sounds like my Kai blades, they tea stain fairly quickly up top but last a good while.

That is interesting, mine is on my fourth use and no tea stains yet. I also remove my blades, pat dry and put them back in the razor after use so that could be the difference. Alcohol though, should prevent that. What you are describing sounds like my Kai blades, they tea stain fairly quickly up top but last a good while.
Yeah, it's odd.

Top Bottom