What's new

King c Gillette de blades

Brought some of these to try there available in UK via Gillette website direct they have the razor to
Will let you know what there like made in Russia
IMG_20200527_225413.jpg

I tried one with the King C Gillette DE. I thought it was fine but thus far every Gillette branded blade I’ve tried has worked for me.

since the Heritage razor was packaged with Gillette Platinum blades, my guess is that these are repackaged Platinums. That would be my guess.

It stands to reason, since the new Gillette DE sports a Muhle head just like the Heritage had as well.

Are there 2x5 tucks in an outer box, or is this some new blade packaging format? The aspect ratio of the box looks off, and I'm finding it hard to gauge the size.

Are there 2x5 tucks in an outer box, or is this some new blade packaging format? The aspect ratio of the box looks off, and I'm finding it hard to gauge the size.
It does see strange that they have pakaged 2 tucks in a very large outer box. It looks more prominent on a supermarket shelf which seems to be where they intend to focus marketing of this product.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
To me the question is this: is Gillette going back into the DE razor business? That would be pretty cool.

And if they have folks buying $200 heated razors I could see them selling high end Zamack razors for $100.

I think Gillette are trying to get back into the DE razor market as wilkinson sword have already done so in the UK with there classic range which is available in shops you can only get the Gillette range online in UK if it was, in shops great

Yep
Best blades are Russian blades. 👍
I wouldnt go that far. I can certainly think of some German, Indian and Japanese blades that are just as good, if not better. Not to mention that, "better" is a very subjective thing when it comes to blades.
IMO, its more a matter than Gillette took their blade making prowess and moved the plant from the USA to Russia than it is that Russians are somehow the best at making blades.

I think Gillette are trying to get back into the DE razor market as wilkinson sword have already done so in the UK with there classic range which is available in shops you can only get the Gillette range online in UK if it was, in shops great
I wonder whether the state of shops in the UK with “lockdown” currently has affected rolling them out to bricks and mortar stores. I haven‘t been to my nearest proper Boots store for almost 3 months now but a friend who lives nearby told me they’ve definitely reduced the amount of stock usually in store - not massively but enough to notice.
I remember Boots had reduced the online range a bit when I placed an order too.

Longer term the fact even my nearest Tesco ’superstore’ (love the fact they call it a ‘superstore’ seeing as it’s tiny) stocks the Wilkinson Sword Classic now is promising. At Christmas I even saw the gift set in there.

That package size was designed to go on a supermarket shelf and advertise the product at the same time.
I wonder whether the state of shops in the UK with “lockdown” currently has affected rolling them out to bricks and mortar stores. I haven‘t been to my nearest proper Boots store for almost 3 months now but a friend who lives nearby told me they’ve definitely reduced the amount of stock usually in store - not massively but enough to notice.
I remember Boots had reduced the online range a bit when I placed an order too.

Longer term the fact even my nearest Tesco ’superstore’ (love the fact they call it a ‘superstore’ seeing as it’s tiny) stocks the Wilkinson Sword Classic now is promising. At Christmas I even saw the gift set in there.
With a massive decrease in footfall they would not be bringing in new products on the shelves. They need to get current products moving to get income when we finally get to access the stores.
Have not seen the Wilkinson Classic TTO yet anywhere near me.
With the Gillette logo and branding on the packaging I am sure the latest KCG razor will get better traction when it comes to the stores.

I wouldnt go that far. I can certainly think of some German, Indian and Japanese blades that are just as good, if not better. Not to mention that, "better" is a very subjective thing when it comes to blades.
IMO, its more a matter than Gillette took their blade making prowess and moved the plant from the USA to Russia than it is that Russians are somehow the best at making blades.
I’ve tried German, Indian, and Japanese blades and have found Russian to be Superior. I don’t know why Gillette makes many of their blades there. I don’t use Gillette blades often and honestly love a great number of different blades. I’m using a Feather today. Tomorrow I might use a Titanium Sharp? You never know......

Top Bottom