What's new

King C. Gillette blades

So, I just picked up a King C Gillette razor and I have a question. Has any one used the blades that come with the razor? The packaging says, “Made in Russia”, for the blades. I normally use Astra SP’s, GSB’s or Gillette Platinums. How do these blades compare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes sir! I’ve used the King C with the King C blades twice. I’ve used Astra SPs and GSBs but not tried Gillette Platinums (to my knowledge!)

I’d rate King C blades as better than Astra SPs and about the same as a GSB based on my experience to date in terms of how it felt using them. I like them. Not sure I’d pay the asking price for a pack of 10 though when I can buy packs of 100+ for blades made in the same place.

Yes sir! I’ve used the King C with the King C blades twice. I’ve used Astra SPs and GSBs but not tried Gillette Platinums (to my knowledge!)

I’d rate King C blades as better than Astra SPs and about the same as a GSB based on my experience to date in terms of how it felt using them. I like them. Not sure I’d pay the asking price for a pack of 10 though when I can buy packs of 100+ for blades made in the same place.

Thanks. I was afraid they were in the Derby Extra or Merkur class, both of which I find intolerable.

Thanks. I was afraid they were in the Derby Extra or Merkur class, both of which I find intolerable.

You’re welcome and I know what you mean re the Derbys and Merkurs! Hope you get on well with the King C’s now I’ve said they‘re good.

You’re welcome and I know what you mean re the Derbys and Merkurs! Hope you get on well with the King C’s now I’ve said they‘re good.

Well, I’ll try one and as we all know YMMV.

Thanks!

I find the King Cs to be wonderful blades. I find them to be comparable to Gillette Silver Blues. They are sharp, smooth and comfortable and even when they are getting dull to where they arent cutting quite so well anymore, they still arent tuggy.

I find the King Cs to be wonderful blades. I find them to be comparable to Gillette Silver Blues. They are sharp, smooth and comfortable and even when they are getting dull to where they arent cutting quite so well anymore, they still arent tuggy.

Thanks for the input. I am wary of the blades that come with razors. Merkur, Baili and Derby Extra always make me wonder.

I picked up some of the KCG blades yesterday. First run out of the box in a Slim set to 6...they are okay blades. Smooth enough I guess. The Brazil PP they are not. I find the KCG just a bit better than the GSB. I am hoping it settles down for the 2nd and future shaves. We shall see.

I picked up some of the KCG blades yesterday. First run out of the box in a Slim set to 6...they are okay blades. Smooth enough I guess. The Brazil PP they are not. I find the KCG just a bit better than the GSB. I am hoping it settles down for the 2nd and future shaves. We shall see.
I didn't mind the Brazil pp just happy to see better blades locally at the time which they didn't stop selling them I've got 28 shaves off a blade once

I recently picked up a pack at Walgreens. I have went through a couple blades. They remind me of the performance of Astra blades which I feel is quite good. I typically shave with Made in England Wilkinson blades, but always enjoy trying something new.

Ok, so I tried one today out of the tuck that came with the King C. Gillette razor. I put it in my G4 Slim and gathered up with my home made glycerin soap. I like the blades. They seem to be on a par with GSBs or Gillette Platinums. The price seems to be a bit high.

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk

Ok, so I tried one today out of the tuck that came with the King C. Gillette razor. I put it in my G4 Slim and gathered up with my home made glycerin soap. I like the blades. They seem to be on a par with GSBs or Gillette Platinums. The price seems to be a bit high.

The price is high but you also cant compare what you pay in a brick and mortar store to what you will pay on Amazon or Ebay. I'll gladly pay a bit more to be able to buy quality DE blades in a local pharmacy.

The price is high but you also cant compare what you pay in a brick and mortar store to what you will pay on Amazon or Ebay. I'll gladly pay a bit more to be able to buy quality DE blades in a local pharmacy.
I would tend to agree but, so far the blades and other products appear to be a Walgreens exclusive and I do not live in a town with a Walgreens.

Top Bottom