What's new

King C Gillette blades new or a Gillette premium in disguise?

Hi, I just wonder if the King C Gillette blades are a completely new blade or just a premium or silver blue in disguise,?

P&G US packaged PPI Gillette Platinums with both Art of Shaving razors and the Gillette Heritage razor. The GP is their highest end specification. I would be mighty surprised if KCG blades were anything other than GPs with fresh logos.

I picked some of the blades from a local Walgreens and noticed on the box, it said "designed in Boston" but made in Russia. Don't know if they were talking about the blades or the box!

P&G US packaged PPI Gillette Platinums with both Art of Shaving razors and the Gillette Heritage razor. The GP is their highest end specification. I would be mighty surprised if KCG blades were anything other than GPs with fresh logos.

But they included the lower quality Gillette Platinum:
1598122592852.png

Not the higher quality one:

1598122610144.png

Attachments

• 1598122564647.png
    1598122564647.png
    61.4 KB · Views: 36
First shave this morning with a KCG. Felt nice and smooth, just like many of the PPI blades do. I couldn't really tell what other PPI blade I have used before that the KGC reminded me of. Now to see how many shave I get. I can get about 10 from an Astra SP.

Aren't the dark blue Gillette Platinum blades and the light blue ones the same blades just in a different package? I have both and I haven't used them in a while, but I don't remember any noticeable difference and for me the blades are the same.

I just used one today in the kcg2 from Walgreens and went really well. Just a 1 pass plus cleanup so 1.5 but is was good.
I'm in the middle of stressing a israeli red IP (first blade other than gillette silver blues for last 4-5 years) since the bug but me and I broke out my stash to retry my blades.
But I grabbed that kcg2 yesterday morning after work and couldn't help trying it.

Aren't the dark blue Gillette Platinum blades and the light blue ones the same blades just in a different package? I have both and I haven't used them in a while, but I don't remember any noticeable difference and for me the blades are the same.
Definitely different from the GSB's which is a blade that doesn't work for me, never tried the platinum's though

Definitely different from the GSB's which is a blade that doesn't work for me, never tried the platinum's though
He's not talking about GSB as the light blue ones. He's talking about the gillette platinum in the light blue box
Look above at JOPO's post he has pictures of both the ones being discussed

I shaved extensively with the three blades, the King Gillette, the Dark Blue old Platinum and the new Light Blue Platinum to compare them and see if they are all the same blade.
While all three are excellent blades, the Dark Blue Platinum is a notch, if not two, below the other two. I believe, I'm almost sure actually, that the King Gillette and the new Light Blue Platinum are the same blade and I dare to say the best blades produced today.

In my experience these are very similar in quality to the old stock Platinums in the white tuck. At least they are their legitimate successors:
proxy.php

I am going through a tuck of 5, they are good but not great. I have an unopened pack that I have for trade in the marketplace.

I've never tried the plats in the white and dark blue box so no comparison can be made. The new plats in the light blue box were smooth and sharp. I shaved with no cuts or irritations and BBS with no effort. They are different than the GSB by being smoother, but just as sharp. I like these and they may become my go to since vendors have jacked up the prices on Personna Reds now that they have joining the vintage blade NOS club. I think sharpness is on par with super plat blacks, but blacks seem harsh to me.

I have seen them compared to the "Swedes". I don't remember them. Were "Swedes" available in the U.S. market? Back in the day, I used the spoiler, Platinum plus, and Super Silvers (English made), but can't remember "Swedes".

Top Bottom